- Company: Philips
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
At Philips, we strive to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Our goal is to improve the lives of 3 billion people a year by 2025. We will be the best place to work for people who share our passion. Together we will deliver superior value for our customers and shareholders.
- You will be identifying and implementing of research projects aimed at improving access to care in underserved settings and optimization of service provision at primary and secondary healthcare.
- You will be identifying and addressing service provision challenges and shortfalls in primary and secondary healthcare.
- You will develop innovations, approaches, and solutions in optimizing primary health care service provision.
You are responsible for
- Identify and develop research concepts for primary and secondary healthcare
- Provide clinical, health systems and research expertise to inform meaningful innovation
- Develop research protocols and tools for review and approval by internal and external ethical review bodies
- Implement and monitor department research projects in collaboration with local and international stakeholders
- Analyze, document and avail research findings through technical research documents including reports, presentations and publications for use within and outside Philips
- Keep abreast of technical and application developments in the relevant technological areas
- Contribute actively to a creative and inspiring working environment
- Contribute actively to a secure working environment
- You are a part of the Philips Africa Innovation Team and you will report to the Head of Philips Africa Research & Innovation Team.
- To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- A basic degree in medicine/nursing, a master’s degree in public health, epidemiology or related degree with a minimum of five years of professional research experience
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills, including significant experience in implementation and management of research projects.
- Skills in field implementation of research projects including training and management of field staff, data collection and engagement with local authorities
- Demonstrated ability in data analysis, reporting and scientific publications.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build strong professional relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- Excellent organizational, entrepreneurial and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, handle ambiguity, and problem solve in a fast-paced, limited-structure, multicultural environment
- Ability to multi-task and take on ad-hoc requests while managing existing workload
- Ability to work independently on complex projects and deliver results under high-pressure situations