Job Title: Chef – Restaurant
Gross Salary: 40k – 50k
Our client is a fast casual dining restaurant located in Thika.
They seek to hire a well experienced Chef who will be tasked with studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes and should be able to delegate tasks to all kitchen staff to ensure food is prepared in a timely manner.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe, gather all necessary ingredients, cook and food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff, supervise them and assist them where necessary
- Inform wait staff about daily specials and ensure appealing plate presentation
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Ensure the correct disposal and storage of all food items as directed by the chef in charge.
- Monitor and record temperatures of fridges and freezers, hot cabinets, serveries as directed by the chef in charge.
- Ensure that assured safe catering principles are followed at all times encompassing legal requirements of the Food Safety Act.
- To ensure that working areas are kept clean and tidy, adopting a “clean as you go” policy.
- To ensure that all foods served under your control are served and held at the required temperatures (probed and recorded).
- Ensure that decanting methods and fridge discipline are strictly adhered to.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained as directed by the chef in charge.
- Ensure that the handing over procedures and opening up /closing down procedures are complied to, with emphasis on safety and security.
- Degree in Hospitality Management (Food Production Option)
- 2 years experience leading kitchen operations
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and waste to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
- Demonstrate real passion for menu planning and leadership
- Good knowledge of hygiene and sanitization regulations
- Need to be able to manage staff, multitask when the kitchen gets busy, problem solving skills, and be keen to small details
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Charismatic individual
- Well-groomed and presentable individual with outstanding communication skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Chef-Restaurant) to
[email protected]staffing.co.ke on/before Friday 28th May 2021.