Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
Manage all aspects of physical and personnel security for company facilities and regional staff: Design & plan; Propose; Implement; Manage; Monitor & improve all elements including: –
- Access Control
- Perimeter Security
- Surveillance Systems
- Physical Guarding
- Back-up Response
- Security Escorts
- Event Security
- Network infrastructure security
- Conduct Emergency evacuation drills
- Coordinate fire marshal activities within the region, including their training and daily operations rosters.
- Issue Security updates and advisories to staff
- Provide a single point of contact for staff and all ecosystem partners for security, safety and emergency management.
Undertake the following activities in relation to Security Management operations: –
- Security Sweeps
- Penetration Tests
- Intruder Detection and Alarm Response infrastructure serviceability and Tests
- Ensure all regional security and fire safety infrastructure is serviced and maintained serviceable as per SLA
- Journey management
- Security surveys
- Internal security audits.
- Proactively deal with operational gaps in security and staff safety.
- Operate the regional security control rooms
Liaison & Investigations:
- Investigate, follow-up and resolve security issues/cases affecting company mobile and immobile assets e.g. facilities, network equipment/property, staff, documents etc.
- Assist company & regional staff, through liaison with law enforcement agencies, on resolution of matters that require such intervention.
- Liaise with law enforcement agencies and sensitize company regional staff on general insecurity trends, personal /residential security awareness
- Coordinate the conduct of bi-annual security awareness briefs at all manned company facilities in conjunction with contracted Security Risk Management Consultant
- Conduct adhoc security briefings and updates to address contemporary security trends
- Work in close liaison with the Health & Safety Manager where necessary on health & security related investigations.
- Provide a linkage to other business units with other government and county authorities
Support all LEA elements in the respective regions with necessary liaison
Policies, Processes & Procedures:
- Apply and continuously review policies, processes and procedures pertaining to Physical and Personnel Security.
- Ensure alignment of Policies and Procedures to ISO standards
- Document and enforce SLA’s with all service providers
Project, Budget & Financial Management:
- Develop inputs into the budgets and forecasts for all physical and personnel security related services for Safaricom facilities in the region.
- Manage the assigned security budget for the respective region and all security related projects.
- Project management of all security related projects within the region.
- Indirect: Manage security personnel seconded by contractors on service provision.
- Degree in Security Management/Administration or any technical/business discipline.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the Military or Police with adequate exposure in command appointments preferably not below the rank of “Major” from the Military and “Senior Superintendent – (SSP)” from the Police.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Corporate Security Management in a large corporate firm with multiple facilities
- General knowledge of Kenyan Laws and Government Regulations pertaining to law enforcement.
- Experience in investigations will be an added advantage
How To Apply