HSSE Associate Job, Engineering Jobs March,
Sanergy is an award winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect based animal protein. Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brands. The company seeks to recruit HSSE Associate for our Kilifi Office who will support coordination of quality, health, safety and environmental activities in the organization.
- Participate in the assessment, design, implementation and maintenance of process changes required to achieve and maintain standards set by workplace safety regulatory bodies e.g. as DOSH.
- Participate in the assessment, design, implementation and maintenance of process changes required to achieve and maintain standards set by environmental regulatory bodies e.g. NEMA
- Support operational teams to implement workplace organization (5S). Coach operational team members on 5S and innovative improvements.
- Coordinate all workplace audit inspections and the collection, analysis, reporting and development of HSSE CAPA across all ICS sites.
- Coordinate with operational teams to ensure timely resolution of HSSE CAPA.
- Coordinate execution of HSSE activities relating to fire preparedness, accident & incident preparedness and employee wellness.
- Coordinate HSSE learning and competence across operational teams by facilitating training sessions, safety inductions and tool box talks.
- Assist in adherence and incremental improvement to waste management procedures
- Support in leading process diagnostic sessions (RCAs) to identify problems and correct them.
- Maintain and improve HSSE source documents. Maintain all HSSE records including general registers, training records, MSDS database etc.
- Closely collaborate with operational teams on all matters QHSE and ensure their adherence to internal and external standards.
- Support in coordination of employee welfare activities such as implementation of deworming and vaccination sessions.
- Support in development of work instructions and SOPs for QHSE processes.
- Support in implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company’s QHSE system in line with the prevailing legislation and company directives.
- Conduct regular risk assessments to ensure corrective and preventive actions are implemented, especially for high risk teams and areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, biological sciences, or ESH related fields
- 0 – 1 years of experience in quality, health, safety and environment related work
- Proficiency in MS packages (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply