Programme Development Manager – Regional Programme Unit
The role will lead on program development of new business for the Regional Programming Unit. It will oversee all aspects of BD including identifying, generating, cultivating, and pursuing funding opportunities aligned with our Country Strategic Plans and Account Strategies by building strategic relationships, strengthening RPU’s competitive position, developing and implementing win strategies, and preparing for and developing strong proposals. Embedding NBD best practice and improving RPU’s capacity by building a robust NBD culture and discipline and instituting highly strategic NBD functions.
This role will work collaboratively and closely with members, partners and other departments of RPU to ensure smooth management of awards, sub-awards and contracts, focusing on donor compliance and accountability. This position will also be responsible to build the capacity of staff on strategic portfolio planning and coordinates such information across departments.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Professional qualification in Business development, International Development, Finance/Accounting, Strategic portfolio analysis and planning and change manage similar
- 5+ years demonstrated experience identifying and securing funding from DAC government donors, multilateral agencies, corporate donors and/or foundations.
- Demonstrated experience in leading assessments of funding landscapes, and developing programme funding strategies to meet strategic goals.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex issues through critical thinking, analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in.
- Highly developed networking skills and ability to form productive working relationships with external donor agencies.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including communicating with impact, influencing, negotiation, and coaching.
- Demonstrated people leadership skills, able to effectively manage both direct reports as well as lead staff in all countries around the region in a matrix management relationship.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a senior management team, contributing constructively beyond the role’s specific resource mobilization remit.
- Experience in project and change management related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results.
- A high degree of flexibility and adaptability in order to respond to changing needs. Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours in the event of major emergencies including travelling at short notice and for extended periods of time.
- Fluency in English
- INGO experience and an excellent grasp of operational issues.
- A detailed understanding on funding mechanisms for development work such as Save the Children’s.
Contract duration: 12 Months (Renewable)
Location Based in East and Southern Africa region in any country with SCI prescence
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, 2reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS41OTk0NS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20