Save the Children International Kenya Country office has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as Project Specialist Household Economy Analysis (HEA) . The role holder will lead and coordinate the Kenya country office Household Economy Analysis (HEA) which drives the implementation of both emergency early action and livelihood resilient strategies. The project specialist HEA will work closely with SC Kenya country office staff across all the thematic areas, SC Members, and external partners to catalyse the uptake of HEA throughout the Save the Children movement, as well as in national food security analyses. The specialist will build upon existing programming, technical capacity, and external partnerships. In addition role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Development Studies, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Business Administration, International relations or a closely related field.
- Five years’ professional field experience in urban and rural economic strengthening/livelihoods.
- Experience in market assessment and opportunity identification, using a value-chain approach for resourced constrained populations.
- Experience in project management.
- Proven ability to lead HEA baseline data collection and comprehensive understanding of how to set up BSS/TSS.
- Proven ability to carry out high quality Outcome Analysis with no supervision, including developing a LIAS and Dashboard and preferably, a NatLIAS.
- Strategic vision to identify and exploit opportunities for the use of HEA not just for analysis, but for implementation and influencing.
- Strong coordination skills to work collaboratively among a highly diverse workforce, managing different skills, experience, capacity, and responsibilities.
- Extensive experience in data management and analysis, including data collection tool design, database design and management and data quality checks.
- Sound and mature understanding of rights-based approaches to development and participatory concepts and practical experience in similar context.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, considering cultural and language difficulties with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to communicate efficiently in English (oral and written).
- Solid understanding of the climate change issues faced by children and families in Kenya
Save the children international employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerate.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://kenya.savethechildren.net/careers .
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=a2FiZGltdWhzaW4uNjc3MzYuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t