- Company: Safal Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Mariakani
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Engineering Jobs in KenyaSafal Group Jobs in Kenya
The company opened its first manufacturing facility in Mombasa, Kenya, in 1962, rapidly widening its reach to include further countries in East Africa, and then Southern Africa. In 2003, all operating companies were reversed into the current holding company called Safal Investments Mauritius Limited and conduct its business across Africa as the Safal Group.Today, the Safal Group manufactures in 10 African countries and sells and markets its building solutions across the continent.
MRM- Mariakani is seeking to recruit a professional and experienced individual to fill the position of a Seconds, Scrap and Waste Manager. This position reports to the Operations and Planning Manager.
Main purpose of the position:
Coordinate movement, storage, processing and handover of rejects and waste material for disposal.
- Ensure timely and seamless transportation of Rejects, seconds, scraps and waste from main plants to Rejects handling facility;
- Liaise with sales to ensure timely lifting of waste, scrap, seconds and rejects;
- Ensure efficient processing and conversion of waste, scrap, seconds and rejects coming from main plants to saleable forms;
- Assist with development and oversees waste management schemes and initiatives to support re-use, recycle and disposal as necessary;
- Ensure compliance with current legislation in the transportation, handling and disposal of rejects, seconds, scraps and waste;
- Control costs of material disposal activities and aim to meet waste reduction and recycling targets;
- Collate statistics and compile reports on rejects, seconds, scrap and waste generation and disposal;
- Monitor waste & scrap levels in the entire MRM and initiate appropriate reduction action as necessary;
- Ensure correct and accurate posting and transfers in ERP – SAP system;
- Support Maintenance programmes to ensure machines, Cranes and other equipment are healthy;
- Provide Technical support for daily facility activities. Actively participate in problem solving for safety, health and productivity improvement;
- Monitor and control key consumables in Rejects handling facility;
- Prepare of manpower and contractor work schedules to ensure effective and efficient processing, handling and storage of material in the facility at all times;
- Ensure safe work practices and procedures at facility;
- Implement training Programmes for staff;
- Implement 5 K Programmes at Rejects handling facility;
- Implement Continual Improvement Programmes under ISO 9001 / 14001 and Business Improvement through PIP and Health and Safety;
- Implement cost reduction opportunities and Process improvements by working closely with the Operators and contractors;
- Sales liaison with the sales team.
- Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Production Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience, 2 of these years must be at the Management level and 2 years’ experience at the shift engineer level.
- Proficiency in ERP SAP module will be an added advantage