- Company: Safaricom Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Security Systems Officer within Security department in the Corporate Security Division . In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Manager Security System officer the position holder will provide skilled security systems & safety support in installing, altering, maintaining and repairing security systems, safety and mechanical systems in Safaricom facilities.
Preventive, General Maintenance & Emergency works attendance:
- Oversee, maintain & repairs all CCTV & safety installation in all Safaricom Facilities.
- Carry out tasks in accordance with industry/trade practices and Standards. Proactive approach to work /planning.
- Security Systems testing and monitoring performance of equipment
- Emergency attendance to solve the problem
- Guide in equipment and system technical specifications.
- Maintain Access control database to current, manage entry and exit of staff and contractors.
Working diagrams & Drawings updates
- Keep all Security systems & safety drawings for facilities, MSR and BTS. Installations to current (two months).
- Keep all other documents & records i.e. manual specifications, software, warranties and best practice documents
Stocks for Equipment, Fittings and Components
- Keep record for in & out store date entry
- Disposal data
- keep inventory of all equipment per facilities
- keep Database for all equipment
Supervision on Project and Upgrades
- Overseeing works for new projects.
- Overseeing works for upgrades
- Ensure all new projects have handover checklist signed off.
Surprise Systems testing & Checks
- Surprise checks for all systems on physical tests and ensure systems are kept on normal status
- Review faults and advice
Health and Safety:
- Ensure compliance with environment health and safety regulations
- Systems audits once a year
- Systems checks with supplier or contractor 3 times a year
- Prepare weekly & monthly reports and maintain updated security systems & safety working diagrams.
- Degree in Computer Science/ Electrical & Electronic/Instrumentation/Mechatronic Engineering
- Two years working experience in a commercial organization with graduation on the survey, installation and inspection of Security & safety & Electrical system.
- Experience in the Military or other security agencies is an added advantage
- Strong analytical skills and a keen attention to details;
- Self-driven, results oriented, proactive and an ability to work without supervision