- Company: Medair
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Role & Responsibilities
Join its agile application development team to create solutions through the configuration of SaaS platforms and development of custom features. Coordinate release activities, including but not limited to: CI/CD pipeline development, automation management, testing and deployment. Collaborate with the Enterprise Architect to design the system architecture of the solutions.
Global ITS provides Medair with centralised governance, strategy, direction, innovation and support in the use of the information technologies that amplify the people to people strategy. Global ITS provides a centralised approach to ensure cost efficiency and integration, including country programmes in the strategic design of systems, & delivers services locally where practical to ensure that the day-to-day needs of our GSO & country programme colleagues are met.
The IMpact Programme is an exciting new Medair programme including a portfolio of IT projects that will provide the tools for Medair to: report on impact and indicators at a local and global, programme and sector level; collect and protect our beneficiary data; improve programming quality; create a better user experience for our staff; create operational efficiencies through automating processes and single data-entry points; increase our ability to have end-to-end accountability; and grow our ability for data driven/supported decision making. The Application Development Team is responsible for designing and building these tools.
Workplace & Conditions
Medair Global ITS Team. Position located in Nairobi, Kenya. A valid work permit is required.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, open-ended contract.
Key Activity Areas
- Translate technical requirements, business workflows and processes into design proposals.
- Configure vendor solutions to meet requirements, implementing reusable components, assist with all stages of development.
- Augment existing vendor systems with new features, connectors and functionalities by configuration, customisation and development of micro-services.
- Document system implementation and support enabling business continuity.
- Participate and facilitate agile activities such as sprint events, pair programming.
- Evangelise for the overall implementation of DevOps principles and tools.
- Implement agile software development processes.
- Develop, test, and deploy technologies to build automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Coordinate release of new features and ensure the post-release stability of products with the Shared Service Centre and the Infrastructure Team.
- Coordinate and verify proper technical testing is done.
- Design a system architecture using cloud technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases.
- Lead technical architecture design in collaboration with the team and the Enterprise Architect.
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure team to ensure infrastructure and security decisions are strategic.
- Monitor system performance and provide suggestions for improvements.
Innovation / Changes
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies and practices related to system automation, delivery and interoperability.
- Suggest new and innovative solutions, technologies or designs to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and improve systems stability.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- PSM, PSD or other agile certifications an asset.
- Certification in cloud computing such as AWS, GCP, Azure, an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- 3+ years’ experience in applications development desired.
- Experience working with DevOps.
- Experience working with release management and automation.
- Experience working in the field in the Humanitarian Sector – Medair experience preferred.
- Experience working with remote geographically disbursed teams preferred.
- Experience working with Health Information Systems an asset.
- Familiarity with Qlik tools for business intelligence an asset.
- Knowledge of software design and programming principles.
- Knowledge of agile software development.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- CI/CD technologies and best practices.
- Familiarity with release automation and orchestration.
- Solid understanding of IT security, privacy and data protection principles.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Committed to team-building and able to develop, coach and support other team members