Senior Deputy Government Printer Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh. 132,000 – Ksh. 195,410 P.M. (CSG 5)
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
- served in the grade of Deputy Government Printer for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following discipline: Philosophy in Technology in Printing, Technology in Printing, Technology in Packaging, Technology in Publishing. Printing Administration Engineering in Printing Technology, Print Media Management, Print Media or equivalent qualification from a University recognized in Kenya;
- a Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines: Publishing Printing Technology, Philosophy in Printing, Engineering in Printing Technology, Print Media Management or equivalent qualification a University recognized in Kenya;
- a certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks in a recognized institution;
- demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results.
NOTE: Possession of a departmental certificate in printing lasting not less than three (3) months will be considered as an added advantage.
The Senior Deputy Government Printer will be responsible to the Government Printer for effective administration and management of the function. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Overseeing development implementation and review of printing policies, strategies, standards, guidelines, projects and programmes;
- Coordinating timely maintenance and servicing of print production machines and equipment,
- Coordinating, monitoring of print production to ensure compliance to the GP house style;
- Controlling dissemination of restricted printed out-puts;
- Ensuring occupational health and safety measures are put in place;
- Establishing networks and linkages with relevant stakeholders in support of the printing function;
- Promoting use of modern technology and innovation in the provision of quality establishment of GP Management Information System,
- Ensuring prudent utilization of print production resources;
- Coordinating preparation of annual strategic work plans and setting
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019