- Company: Sendy Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
At Sendy, we specialize in connecting on-demand, trusted, and transparent service providers with individuals and businesses looking to move packages. Thus, we believe it’s a natural extension of our core expertise to also connect our users to quality certified transportation providers. As of today, Sendy users can now request a package DELIVERY using a motorcycle, van, pickup, or 3 ton truck, or a passenger RIDE with a boda boda or cab – all from within the same SENDY mobile app (available on Android and iOS) and web platform. All DELIVERY and RIDE services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be paid for using cash, MPesa, or card.
The overall purpose of this job is to drive sales to new emerging social commerce accounts and manage customer relationships for the business in line with the commercial strategy. The role is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration in the market by effectively selling Sendy services with an aim to maximize long-term revenue opportunities.
About the Role
The overall purpose of this role is to build and lead a team that supports Sendy Limited, it’s group of companies, and it’s business units in making analysis driven strategic decisions through detailed projections and historical analysis. This role (team) will work very closely with Finance and Data and be responsible for supporting all Sendy commercial business units across multiple subsidiaries and countries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the FP&A team, manage the workload and track the deliverables including coaching, driving and developing the team and advise on individual team member’s performance.
- Partner with the Executive Leadership team to define and drive the annual and long range strategic plan.
- Working closely with the leadership team to formulate the business’s financial and strategic plan across the three major product categories – Transport, Marketplaces, Auxiliary Financing
- Create, update, and maintain financial models and detailed forecasts of the company’s future operations.
- Define and implement the reporting, analysis, planning, forecasting model of the company across all functions and cost centres.
- Build models to project long term growth and determine the impacting business factors.
- Provide detailed analysis and insights on the company’s performance across channels and categories along with the cost centre results to the Executive Leadership and the Board of Directors.
- Review company investments and suggest opportunities for the company to expand or grow. Map out growth plans, including capital expenditures and investments. Generating three- to five-year financial forecasts.
- Communicate results and recommendations to senior management for improvements that will lead to cost reduction, revenue generation and streamlining operations.
- Conduct analyses and reporting for corporate functions including, monthly financial analysis, reforecasting, variance analysis, profitability analysis, and graphical summaries of business unit financial performance.
- Support initiatives targeted at financial processes improvement and the implementation of changes to achieve efficiencies.
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy, motivation and positive attitude around the accomplishment of the team’s objectives while remaining agile in a fast paced environment.
- 8-10 years of experience in Finance with exposure to both FP&A and Accounting.
- Master degree in Corporate Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Strong people manager with a passion for career development and building high-performing teams.
- Outstanding problem solver who does not shy away from complex financial and operational issues and can think critically along with strategically.
- Master at financial modelling, Microsoft Excel wizard who is comfortable with Business Intelligence and data reporting tools.
- Have the ability to form and develop relationships with a wide variety of functional roles and organizational levels in order to drive cross-functional initiatives involving teammates from across the organization.
- Possess strong communication skills and able to communicate and present both internally and externally with individuals at all levels of an organization, including senior leadership.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
- Flexible vacation
- All risk Insurance
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options