- Company: Kericho County
- Location: Kenya
- State: Kericho
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Healthcare/Medical Jobs in KenyaKericho County Jobs in Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms and specimens;
- Preparing clients for collection of specimens;
- Receiving, collecting, labelling and registering specimens;
- Disaggregating specimens for processing and analysis;
- Preparing reagents;
- Supervising the disinfection, washing and sterilization of apparatus;
- Maintaining equipment and reagents for vector and insecticides application, monitoring and evaluation.
- Preparing media for culture and sensitivity testing;
- Examining specimens for quality;
- Writing and recording of laboratory findings and results;
- Preparing stains;
- Preparing blood products;
- Collecting and analyzing laboratory data;
- Processing the specimen according to Specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOP);
- Mentoring and coaching trainees on practical attachment; and
- Preparing periodical reports.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment of this grade, an officer must have: –
- Served in the grade of Medical Laboratory Technologist for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB).
- Registration certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB).
- Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist Board;
- Certificate in Supervisory Skills Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results