Senior Principal Clinical Officer Jobs, Clinical Officer Jobs, Medical Jobs, MTRH Jobs
JOB GRADE MTRH 5
Formulating, developing, implementing and Reviewing Clinical Services’ Policies, Procedures and Guidelines. Setting standards and quality assurance systems in the provision of clinical services. Formulating, developing, reviewing medico-legal standards and guidelines. Undertaking disease surveillance, control and management. Researching on critical health issues and emerging trends.
Developing and reviewing referral strategies and guidelines in liaison with other stakeholders. Providing specialized services including Ear, Nose & Throat/Audiology, Ophthalmology & Cataract Surgery, Child Health & Pediatrics, Anesthesia, Orthopedics & Trauma, Epidemiology, Lung & Skin, Reproductive Health, Medical Education, Dermatology & Venereology, Coroner & Forensic Medicine, Health Economics & Policy, Health Systems Management, Psychology, Family and Community Health Services. Developing Monitoring and Evaluation strategies for the management of clinical services. Capacity development for disaster preparedness and emergency health services and training, development and performance management.
Senior Principal Clinical Officer responsibilities include:
- Providing clinical services in the hospital;
- Conducting ward rounds, reviewing and making appropriate referrals;
- Carrying out surgical procedures as per training and skill;
- Offering specialized clinical services including Ear, Nose and Throat/Audiology, Orthopedics & Trauma, Child Health & Pediatrics, Reproductive Health, Ophthalmology, Anesthesia, Lungs & Skin, Dermatology & Venereology;
- Compiling and analyzing clinical data;
- Sensitizing patients and clients on preventive-and promotive health;
- Assessing, preparing and presenting medico-legal reports;
- Carrying out disease surveillance, and recommending appropriate control measures; and
- Coaching and mentoring students on attachment.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Served for a minimum period of eight (8) years relevant work with at least three (3) in supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Clinical Medicine & Surgery or Clinical Medicine & Community Health from a recognized institution.
- Higher Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery in any of the following: Anesthesia, Ear, Nose, Throat/Audiology, Child Health & Pediatrics, Lung & Skin, Orthopedics & Trauma, Reproductive Health, Epidemiology, Ophthalmology & Cataract Surgery or Dermatology & Venereology or Medical Education or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Senior Management Course or equivalent lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Certificate of Registration from the Clinical Officers’ Council.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Empowering/ delegating.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative and supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- Project planning and management
How To Apply
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P O Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.