Senior Principal Nursing Officer Jobs, Nursing Jobs, Medical Jobs, Jobs in Eldoret, Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital Jobs
Job Grade MTRH 5
Implement the Nursing Act, Cap 257 of 2005 amended 2001. Formulate, implement, review and interpret of health and nursing policies, standards, guidelines and programs. Manage and coordinate nursing services at the Hospital.
Provide holistic, preventive, curative, rehabilitative and palliative health care services using the nursing process to meet health needs of clients/patients at the Hospital. Provide nursing care and technical advice in areas of specialization including: Nephrology, Critical Care, Anesthesiology, Pre-operative, Emergency Care, Trauma and.
Emergency; Pediatrics and Neonatology Care, Community Health, Home-Based Care, Family Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Community Midwifery, Mental Health, Midwifery and/or Reproductive Health and Women’s Health, HIV/AIDS& TB, Infection Prevention, Oncology and Control/Epidemiology, Psychosocial, ENT and Ophthalmology. Collaborate with other members of the health care team in providing health care interventions.
Carry out research in nursing health care. Develop nursing training syllabus and curriculum for continuing professional development in liaison with training providers
Senior Principal Nursing Officer responsibilities include:
- Coordinating development of policies, standards and guidelines in the provision of nursing services;
- Ensuring application of the nursing process at the service delivery point of specialization;
- Carrying out comprehensive health needs assessment in the area of specialization;
- Formulating interventions to address identified health needs;
- Monitoring and evaluating health care services in a health facility;
- Coordinating implementation of nursing related projects and programs;
- Coordinating the provision of appropriate healthcare services including Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI), Integrated Management of Adolescents and Adulthood Illnesses (IMAI), immunization and reproductive health;
- Coordinating preparation of training plans/programs for nurses at the service delivery department;
- Providing quantification and specifications for procurement of medical supplies and equipment;
- Conducting research and preparing reports;
- Advising Health/Hospital Management Team (HMT) on matters relating to Nursing Services;
- Implementing continuing professional development programs for nurses;
- Preparing strategic/annual work plans in the hospital; and
- Training, coaching and mentoring of staff and students.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- A minimum period of eight (8) years with at least three (3) years in supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Nursing or Midwifery or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Nursing, Midwifery, Medical Surgical Nursing, Pediatric Nursing, Critical Care Nursing, Oncology and Palliative Care Nursing, Forensic Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Nursing Education, Nursing Management and leadership, Mental Health or Geriatric Nursing from a recognized institution,
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Senior Management Course or equivalent lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Empowering/ delegating.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative and supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- Project planning and management.
In addition, all applicants MUST attach the following valid documents;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loan Board (HELB) Certificate
- National Police Service (NPS) Clearance Certificate
- CRB — Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance
Salary Attached to Scales
MTRH 2: Kshs 225,221 X 7,180 — 232,301 X 7,409 — 239,711 X 7,646 — 247,357 X 7,890 255,246 X 8,141 — 2N,388 X 8,401 — 271,789 X 8,669p.m
MTRH 4: Kshs 123,027 x 5,252 – 128,279 x 5,492 – 133,772 x 5,742 – 139,514 x 8 – 145,532 x 6,263 – 151,565 x 6,565 – 158,361p.m
MTRH 5: Kshs. 106,184 x 4,710 – 010,895 x 4,927 – 015, 22 x 5,153 -120,976 x 5,(I 126,366 x 5,639 – 132,005 x 5,899 – 137,905p.m
MTRH 6: Kshs. 81,684 x 4,062 – 85,747 x 4,250 – 89,997 x 4,297 – 94,294 x 4,348 – 9ft (,42 x 4,399 – 103,042 x 4,452 – 107,495p.m
MTRH 9: Kshs. 50,437 x 2,296 – 52,733 x 2,402 – 55,136 x 2,518 – 57,655 x 2,618 – 60,273 x 2,783 – 63,056p.m
MTRH 10: Kshs. 42,137 x 2,193 – 44,330 x 2,289 – 46,620 x 2,418 – 49,038 x 2,546 -51,584 x 2,680 – 54,264 x 2,824 – 57,088 p.m
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
How to Apply
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P 0 Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas due encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.