- Company: Nutrition International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Nutrition International (formerly the Micronutrient Initiative) is passionate about tackling one of the world’s greatest health issues: malnutrition. Recognized as global experts, we work around the world to create effective and sustainable solutions for hidden hunger. Nutrition International has headquarters in Ottawa, Canada and regional offices in New Delhi, India to oversee Asian operations and in Nairobi, Kenya to oversee African operations. Nutrition International is a not-for-profit organization governed by a dedicated international Board of Directors and led by an internationally recognized team of technical experts, program designers, advocates, analysts, evaluators, implementers, educators, resource managers and nutrition champions.
You will have a bachelor’s degree with at least 7 years’ experience in finance in the development sector. Minimum seven years of progressive financial management experience is required. Professional qualification in accountancy such as ACCA or Certified Public Accountant. Minimum 5 years of experience from an International NGO in program / grant management. Skills in financial management and administration skills. Superior interpersonal and people management skills, computer IT skills, attention to detail, multi-tasking ability and working under pressure. Knowledge of Great Plains will be an added advantage.
Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French is an asset.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Providing guidance and serve as a resource person to program, staff in the regional and country office for contracts database.
- Verifying the coding in the Payment Request Forms and check that it agrees with the Contract Database.
- Monitoring the contracts database for the Region on a monthly basis by following up with program staff on all the contracts and milestones that are past their activity date.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual monitoring reports on program spending.
- Ensuring completeness and accuracy of the funding approval form, contract approval sheet, payment request form and other related documents received from the country offices in the region.
- Ensuring compliance with established NI policies for the release and approval for signature of legal documents (Grant agreements, consulting contracts, travel letters, extension, and supplement requests).
- Preparing and providing monthly budget variance reports to Finance Director, Project Director and Program staff to ensure program implementation is conducted within the approved budgets.