Senior Registered Nurse (Oncology) Jobs, Nursing Jobs, Medical Jobs, MTRH Jobs
JOB GRADE, MTRH 9
- Implement the Nursing Act, Cap 257 of 2005 amended 2001.
- Provide holistic, preventive, curative, rehabilitative and palliative health care services using the nursing process to meet health needs of clients/patients at the Hospital.
- Provide nursing care and technical advice in oncology.
- Collaborate with other members of the health care team in providing health care interventions.
- Carry out research in nursing health care.
- Maintain nursing records and confidentiality of information relating to patients/clients.
- Provide safe patient care in a conducive environment.
Senior Registered Nurse (Oncology) responsibilities include:
- Assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patient’s outcomes;
- Diagnosing common health conditions;
- Providing appropriate healthcare service including Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI), Integrated Management of Adolescents and Adulthood illnesses (IMAI), immunization and reproductive health, providing health education and counseling to patients/clients on identified health needs;
- Implementing recommendations from research findings for improvement of care;
- Referring patients and clients appropriately;
- Facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans;
- Maintaining records on patients/clients health condition and care;
- Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment;
- Conducting assessment of Hospital health needs;
- Planning, implementing interventions and preparing periodic reports;
- Identifying occupational health needs;
- Making recommendations; and
- Conducting clinical teaching and assessing nursing students.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution.
- Higher National Diploma in Oncology Nursing from a recognized institution.
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Certificate in computer applications.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good time management.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Target setting.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Responsive, prompt and effective provision of services.
- Team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Client service support and public relations.
How To Apply
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P O Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.