- Company: Indra
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
We are looking for a Server Infrastructure Administrator for the Africa Region to be stationed in Nairobi, Kenya.
The key responsibilities for the role are as follows:
- Serve as the subject matter expert regarding IT Infrastructure Technologies. Specifically, you should be proficient and preferably certified in the following technology areas:
- Server Hardware (HP, IBM, Dell, etc)
- Server Storage (SAN/NAS)
- Virtualization Hypervisors (KVM, Vmware, Hyper-V)
- Operating System Administration (Linux Certification, Windows Server)
- Networking (LAN, Segmentation, Microsegmentation, firewall configuration, load balancers)
- Security (hardening, fw security policies implementation, Identity management…)
- Database Administration (Oracle and MSSQL)
- Application/Web servers (Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS)
- DevOps (Ansible, Kubernetes, CI/CD tools)
- Automation (Jenkins etc)
- Monitoring (Grafana etc)
- Windows Active Directory (Domain controllers’ configuration, OUs definition, AD policies configuration, DNS, authentication…)
Develop and implement best practice guidelines for IT infrastructure systems – including:
- High Performance
- High Availability
- Disaster Recovery
- Server Performance Monitoring and Troubleshooting of Software and Hardware issues
- Support, maintenance, patching, and upgrades of Server OS, databases, application/web servers etc.
- Support business continuity goals, including regular testing of DR strategies
- Provide off-hours support for production systems.
Desired qualifications for this role are as follows:
Minimum 5 years of IT Systems Administration experience including:
- 4 years of experience in Server Hardware and Storage installation, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- 4 years of experience administering Virtualization clusters.
- 4 years of experience in Linux system administration.
- 2 years of experience in Windows Server system administration.
- 4 years of experience in Database administration.
- 2 years of scripting experience (shell, python, etc.).
- 2 years of experience with Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS.
- 2 years of experience with enterprise backup systems.
- Experience interfacing effectively with both business and technical stakeholders.
- An innovative spirit: This is a challenging technical job that requires creativity in generation of ideas and unique solutions to technical problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be expected to participate in preparation of both Technical and End User oriented Documentation.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and a good team player. You will work in Teams composed of colleagues of diverse skill-sets in addition to fellow System Administrators. Good synergy with your colleagues will therefore be critical to your success.
- Readiness to travel.
- University graduate in Computer Science/Engineering or related degree from a reputable university.
- Excellent academic performance. Only First Class or Second-Class Upper Division degree holders will be considered.