- Company: GOODINFO
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Engineering Jobs in KenyaIT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
GOODINFO is a technology-focused management consulting firm. We help our customers turn great, tech-based ideas into products and services their customers will love.
- Our client is a tech focused organization using technology to build and empower citizens across Africa. This done by liberating the data currently locked up in governments and corporations, embedding technologists into civic society and build civic engagement apps and digital services that amplify citizen voices.
- The successful candidate will join a multinational and multilingual team building and maintaining both frontend and backend systems distributed across east/west Africa for digital democracy and human right solutions.
- The team spearheads design and development of all digital services within the organization, and its external human rights defending partner organizations. This includes digital infrastructure, such as an open data portal and machine learning or natural language processing analysis tools as well as deploying and maintaining operating systems and public-facing web platforms or digital tools/widgets.
- In this role you will be responsible for building and maintaining tools to automate and streamline deployment processes, as well as in maintaining and troubleshooting production systems running on at least one Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) provider.
- You will be responsible for keeping all customer-facing services and other production systems running smoothly. This will include protecting the health of the production environment by, for example, planning and testing disaster recovery scenarios for our highly available tools/systems/platforms.
- Additionally, you will support the development team with an agile, responsive continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform to deliver high-quality builds with measurable performance and quality.
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Design, write and deliver software to improve all aspects of our deployment process i.e., infrastructure-as-code
- Analyze data and provide operational insights into service reliability and user experience to Design and Development teams.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for a large-distributed software applications.
- Plan for infrastructure growth.
- Create and develop technical documents for software being created.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
To be successful in this role, you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent Engineering discipline
- 2+ years as Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer working with AWS.
- Strong Linux troubleshooting knowledge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good to advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking & troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with Docker, Nginx, Dokku, GitHub Actions, or similar technologies.
- Ability to dive deep into complex technical problems