Social & Emotional Learning Specialist Job, Teaching Kenyan Job Vacancies 2021,
Job Title: Social & Emotional Learning Specialist,
Job Location: Nairobi,
Chemonics seeks a social and emotional learning specialist for an anticipated education project in Kenya. The Connectivity for Learning project aims to strengthen the Government of Kenya’s (GOK) education system to ensure that all classroom environments are high quality, inclusive, and focused on the learning of foundational literacy skills. The activity will also aim to expand its distance learning programming toward more digitally relevant and impactful online learning solutions that are accessible to all students, especially children in the early primary grades. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The SEL Specialist will lead the implementation of the district/nationwide Social Emotional Learning strategic plan. The SEL Specialist will identify gaps in social, emotional, and behavioral atmosphere of the school and classroom and develops plans of action around priorities. The SEL works in partnership with various stakeholders, including students, parents, community organizations and mental health providers to support student social emotional learning.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or Education preferred
- 5 years relevant experience in education preferred
- Training in trauma-informed practices and/or restorative practices and experience teaching a social emotional curriculum to students
- Experience working with social, emotional, and behavioral supports preferred
- Classroom teaching or school-based management experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to the email address [email protected] In the subject line please indicate the position title to which you are applying. Finalists will be contacted. The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, July 30, 2021.N.B: DONT Miss Out On Your Next JOB. Register Your CV With US. .