Ultra – Sonographer Jobs, Medical Jobs, KUTRRH Jobs
Department: Clinical Services
Section/Unit: Radiology and Imaging Services
Reports to: Senior Radiographer
Reporting to the Senior Radiographer, the Sonographer job exists to perform quality ultrasound examinations to clients and patients and make quality reports for use by the clinicians in decision making.
In the course of their duties they shall provide care and maintenance to ultrasound machines at KUTRRH.
- Collaborate with other radiography and imaging staff in providing diagnostic imaging services to patients in the hospital.
- Receive patients referred for ultrasound services from other medical units and schedule their imaging services in the radiographer unit of the hospital.
- Explain ultrasound procedure to patients and answering any questions they may have concerning the same services in the hospital.
- Perform ultrasound examinations on clients/ patients referred to the unit.
- Maintain the ultrasound machines and equipment for continuous provision of ultrasound services within the hospital.
- Ensure cleanliness and orderliness in the ultrasonography unit for quality services delivery in the hospital.
- Record and maintain patient’s records and adding medical notes related to the ultrasound procedure if necessary in the hospital.
- Diploma in Ultrasound, Medical Imaging Sciences or Radiography from a recognized institution.
- At least two years working experience as a sonographer in a reputable hospital.
- Registration with the relevant regulatory or professional body if applicable.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional
Soft skills required for the job:
- Communication skills
- Observation skills
- Analytical skills
- Team player
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of these posts, please send your
- Application Letter,
- Curriculum Vitae and
- Filled Application Form
Download the Job Job Application Form .
ONLY via email to email@example.com
Or hard copies can be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta University Teaching, Referral & Research Hospital
P.O Box 7674 – 00100 GPO
The deadline for the receipt of all applications is Monday 5th August 2019