Supply Chain Manager Jobs, Supply Chain Jobs, KMC Jobs
JOB GROUP KMC 3 REF: KMC/HRA/SCM/1/5/2019
Reporting to the Managing Commissioner, the Supply Chain Manager will manage and coordinate the Supply Chain function to ensure effective delivery of goods & services, and work in accordance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015.
- Provide leadership on the development and implementation of supply chain business policies and procedures
- Formulating supply policy management to ensure that the Commission’s supplies goals and objectives are met.
- Reviewing the provision, procurement, stock-holding and stock control policies on a progressive basis
- Ensuring that supplies accounting and other stores procedures are followed and updated as necessary.
- Ensure timely and effective procurement of goods, services and works.
- Ensuring maintenance of updated suppliers list.
- Initiate and innovate strategies such as consignment stocking framework, and strategic contracts geared towards the creation of value for money.
- Procuring various materials and other supplies for the Commission at the most competitive prices in accordance with approved Commission procedures.
- Supervising, appraising staff and identifying their development and training needs.
- Liaising with departments in organizing for specification of goods and services for procurement.
- Organizing and managing of procurement through relevant committees.
- Preparing budget and ensuring effective control.
- Ensuring compliance to commission code of conduct and ethics.
- Overseeing the effective storage and issuance of procured goods.
- Carry out market surveys and research
- Overseeing disposal of obsolete stocks or goods in liaison with relevant offices
- Observing and complying with environmental, health and safety measures and regulations
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management/Contract Management/Logistics or equivalent
- Master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years hands-on experience 5 of which must be in a managerial position.
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four(4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Be a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management/ Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies
Key personal attributes / functional skills
The ideal candidate should:
- Be honest, trustworthy and possess a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Be results oriented and willing to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Have strategic leadership skills.
- Be a team player with ability to motivate staff.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with varied stakeholders.
- Be customer centric and resourceful in problem solving.
- Advanced computer skills.
How To Apply
All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and obtain the appropriate certification from the:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Higher Education Loan Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified candidates should fill and submit hard copies of the KMC employment application form which is available on the KMC website www.kenyameat.co.ke accompanied by applications detailed curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates, national identity card, testimonials, current and expected salary and names and addresses of three referees so as to reach the undersigned not later than 28th June 2019.
Persons living with Disabilities, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and indicate the “REFERENCE NUMBER” of the position applied for and be addressed to:
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission
P.O Box 2-00204