- Company: Ol Pejeta Conservancy (OPC)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Ol Pejeta is the largest black rhino sanctuary in east Africa, and home to three of the world’s last remaining northern white rhino. It is the only place in Kenya to see chimpanzees, in a Sanctuary established to rehabilitate animals rescued from the black market. It has some of the highest predator densities in Kenya, and still manages a very successful livestock programme. Ol Pejeta also seeks to support the people living around its borders, to ensure wildlife conservation translates to better education, healthcare and infrastructure for the next generation of wildlife guardians.
The role holder will help develop and support donor acquisition, stewardship and cultivation. Achieving and informing this through adequate, accurate and efficient data and analysis.
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Build strong relationships with UK and staff globally.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Fundraising and Communications strategy.
- Provide the highest standard of donor care through effective administration of donations, and automated emails and processes.
- Ensure that all communication with donors is logged on the database.
- Work with our IT team to ensure that the website donation pages are working accurately and resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Generate regular reports – including weekly, monthly, and annual fundraising reports.
- Update automations to ensure that donors receive up to date and accurate information.
- Ensure that donation, adoption and sponsorship forms are capturing relevant information and updating this in the database.
- Draft donor communications and proofread letters and reports when required.
- Support organizational reporting.
- Work with the Philanthropy & Individual Giving Lead to develop and implement donor acquisitions, appeals, cultivation and stewardship processes.
- Support automation aspects of donor acquisition, appeals, cultivation and stewardship including that set out in our stewardship manual and ensure that the manual remains current and accurate.
- Support data entry and record keeping resulting from events.
- Ensure that the data and information stored in our database is accurate, well maintained and up to date.
- Import donors and donations to our database daily from our different donation channels, following the correct protocol and ensuring accuracy of input.
- Monitor the quality of the database on a regular basis, developing quality control methods where appropriate and ensuring that missing or inaccurate information is remedied and duplicate records are merged appropriately.
- Create campaigns and projects on our database when required, following agreed processes.
- Make suggestions for improvements to streamline and simplify current administrative processes.
- Develop user guidelines to document good practice and be a database champion among the wider Fundraising and Communications team.
- Pro-actively problem-solve as required and propose improvements to data systems and processes that will enable the data to be managed more efficiently and effectively.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of integrations between the database and other systems and software, working with the IT Team where necessary.
- Test and manage the onboarding of new third-party platforms.
- Work with our IT team to ensure that our donation pages are working accurately and resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all supporter data is maintained and processed in accordance with agreed protocols and GDPR legislation.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships and liaison with other members of the Fundraising and Communications team and wider organization.
- Lead the development and implementation of CRM user manual.
Department & Team contribution
- Document and drive efficient processes and policies required for that enable cross-organizational working.
- Contribute to departmental planning and budgeting processes.
- Support the Communications team and the Partnership funding team, as needed, to ensure effective data collection and management across the department.
- Educated to Undergraduate level – Preferably in conservation/wildlife, Fundraising, Finance.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven expertise and experience of managing a database (preferably Salesforce) within the charity sector.
- Proven administrative experience within the charity sector and/ fundraising.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible and respond to issues as they arise.
- Proven experience of database practices and application, data entry and cleaning.
- Self-motivated and proactive – going above and beyond the call of duty.
- Ability to work across teams and departments in a collaborative manner and to proactively engage colleagues on projects and initiatives.
- Possess a strong willingness to learn and collaborate with others.
- Ability to work both remotely and autonomously and to tight deadlines.
- Be prepared to carry out both operational tasks and system and process-development oriented activities.
Desired knowledge, skills and experience
- Relevant qualifications in fundraising and database management.
- Strong interest in wildlife conservation.