- Company: Securex Agencies (K) Ltd
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Engineering Jobs in KenyaTechnical Jobs in Kenya
HISTORY With the vision of a safer Kenya and the experience of the police force, former Police Inspector Kishori Lal Sahni started a small investigations company in 1970 which has now grown to be one of the most respected brands in the security industry in the East African Region. Securex has grown from strength to strength in the past forty four years to become the leading Security Solutions provider for a wide host of clients in diverse industries. Starting with only an investigations department in the seventies, Securex soon grew to incorporate the manned guarding section which to date is one of the most respected forces in the provision of client friendly services. Currently under the stewardship of Mr. K L Sahni’s son; Tony Sahni, Securex has from the early nineties been able to distinguish itself from other competitors by embracing technological solutions to augment the services of security guards and hence provide integrated security systems. Not only are our services available in Kenya, but our net was cast wide when we set up our Uganda offices in 1996, Rwanda in 2012 and Tanzania being our latest office in 2014. Our strategy remains to expand through the region and provide security solutions to the wider market. Over the years Securex has managed to get to the top by being a pioneer in many fronts; including being the first security company to achieve ISO certification in 2004, the only security company with an OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety certification, introducing the Under Vehicle Surveillance System to the local market in addition to a wide range of value added services such as security briefings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out maintenance and service of electronic security systems such as Alarm, CCTV, Access Control, Electric Fence, Intercom, Electric Gates and Fire systems.
- Ensure all upgrade requirements are reported to clients and to the supervisor in writing through job cards and also informed verbally.
- Ensure security of client’s property and tidiness of the premises while attending to the assignment.
- Responsible for sorting the reported issues within the quoted time.
- Responsible for problem escalation and communication to supervisor as required.
- Must keep the reserve of all the necessary maintenance items and carry the required tools at all times.
- Respond to and fix systems, application problems and issues during times of high volume.
- To handle technical complaints from the client.
- To educate the clients on how to operate their systems.
- To report any client requirements to the office immediately.
- Fill a job card for each assignment attended indicating the work covered and any necessary observation regarding alarm coverage adequacy.
- To prepare detailed technical reports after attending incident scenes.
- Ensure all equipment are fully in function when on-site, if not then follow up action should be implemented.
- To carry out any other tasks as may be directed by the Management.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
- 3-6 years