Transformational School Principal (CBC)
Location: Mombasa road, Nairobi
Reports to: Board of Directors
Job Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the School’s core strategies in order to provide an excellent education to all learners who attend.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the school’s vision, mission, and strategic goals to support high school-readiness and academic and socioemotional success for all learners
- Establish rigorous academic goals and priorities that are systematically monitored for continuous improvement with all learner populations.
- Lead teachers in using a variety of formal and informal methods and assessments to measure learner growth and understanding and make necessary adjustments to drive improvement.
- Plan and teach assigned subject areas
- Drive rapid and dramatic instructional improvements by implementing strategies in line with the priority areas identified in the School’s strategic plan
- Foster a shared commitment to high standards of teaching and learning with high expectations for achievement for all.
- Implement an observation and feedback cycle that ensures continuous improvement in teaching and learning
- Use multiple sources of evidence related to learner learning and school assessment results and growth data, to inform school goals and improve organizational performance, teacher effectiveness, and learner learning.
Develop and implement a professional development plan to address identified areas of need
Develop school calendar that offers built-in opportunities for staff to collaborate, plan instruction, and review learner data
Management and Operations
- Develop and execute effective plans, procedures, routines, and operational systems to address a full range of safety, health, and emotional and social needs of learners.
- Oversee the recruitment and hiring of diverse, highly-qualified staff;
- Strategically align people, time and money to drive learner achievement;
- Apply teacher and staff performance management systems in a way that ensures a culture of continuous improvement, support, and accountability;
- Provide professional development and training opportunities to help teachers adapt best practices based on reflection and data research.
- Implement a reward system for teachers’ positive reinforcement
- Support school-wide approach to promote collaboration as often and as feasibly and appropriately as possible.
- Oversee the operations of the school in partnership with management
- Develop a timeline with an action plan to create scheduled communication opportunities with families and community stakeholders about learning performance.
- Provide professional development for school teams to build a variety of conflict resolution strategies.
- Understand and comply with Kenyan laws & regulations and mandates, school policies and ethical guidelines.
Family and Community Engagement
- Create a culture of open communication, respect, and trust as the school and community develop a sense of collective responsibility for improving the learning of all learners.
- Actively ensure that all families are welcome members of the classroom and school community and can contribute to the classroom, school, and community’s effectiveness.
- Strengthen teacher and staff capacity to cultivate and sustain meaningful partnerships with families of diverse backgrounds and with community members that support learner achievement and learner well-being
- Manage partnerships.
Our transformational leaders:
- Are focused on results and have proven success in increasing learner achievement and adult performance;
- Influence and motivate others to reach their potential;
- Are solution-oriented and creative problem solvers with experience in data analysis and creating and managing systems;
- Set high expectations and communicate them to a variety of stakeholders;
- Understand, communicate and effectively interact with people across cultures;
- Continually reflect and seek feedback to improve their practice;
- Have demonstrated perseverance in their career and education;
- Thrive in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment; and
- Possess strong pedagogical skills and are highly effective at coaching other adults
- Bachelor/Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience as a school leader required
- Teaching experience
- Demonstrated experience in building a positive school culture
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in turning around a school highly preferred
- TSC licensed
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 31st July 2022
Correspondence: Detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process.