Tursec Security Group
Vacanct Position: Security Dog Handler
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Industry: Private Security
Tursec Security Group is a nationwide reputable top-quality private security solutions provider within the retail, financial, manufacturing, infrastructure, healthcare, hospitality and the energy sectors, as well as high net-worth clients, diplomatic missions and international organizations operating in high-risk, volatile, hostile, and complex environments in Kenya and across Africa.
We have an immediate job opportunity for a talented Security Dog Handler to provide On-Site security to secure our client’s commercial premises and personnel by patrolling property; inspecting buildings, equipment and access points; permitting entry and other matters by performing the following duties;
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot with trained security dog.
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
- Carries out random patrolling with security dog to detect and deter
The Ideal Candidate
Experience, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- Must posses General Purpose Dog Handling Certificate
- Must have at least 2 – 3 years’ verifiable security Dog Handling experience
- Certificate of Good Conduct (not more than 6 months old)
- Pass all required background and drug screenings
- Basic K9 First Aid
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment.
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Able to work alone or part of a team
- Must have good interpersonal skills to establish and maintain working relationships across different groups within and outside of the organization
Physical Requirements and Environment
- Indoor and outdoor: temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
- Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
- Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at [email protected] on or before 30 March 2021.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and expected salary on the subject line.