Human Resources Officer (HR Operations Manager), Latest NGO Jobs Kenya,
- Lead, empower, coach, motivate the HR operations team to become a customer-oriented, effective, innovative and data-driven HR operations team.
- Supervise the wide range of HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent, high-quality and timely HR services are delivered to employees through their entire WFP employee lifecycle from appointment through separation.
- Enhance and strengthen personalized communication for employees and take an employee/internal customer-centric approach.
- Ensure timely HR briefings on contract modality and related benefits are delivered to new joiners or colleagues changing contract modality.
- Ensure the employees/staff are informed about any changes in entitlements, benefits, and terms of services in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Keep themselves abreast of latest trends in terms of HR operations management and HR systems roll-out to ensure they continuously improve and simplify the way the HR processes are administered.
- Identify evolving needs of the organization and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures. Obtain the required approval and buy-in and implement the changes in HR services successfully in line with HQ efforts to streamline and digitalize HR function.
- Review and compile a variety of data in close collaboration with the different HR team members to deliver HR/People data analysis on a quarterly basis. This analysis should be carried out in a savvy manner leveraging software that avoid manual work. These analyses will support CLT (Country Leadership Team) and HR Head to make well-informed decisions.
- Ensure an updated and 100% accurate organizational structure is shared with CLT on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all HR processes related to contract management (all contract types included), payroll, time management, benefits and pension management, HR letters, UNLPs, separations, medical evacuations, medical insurance, etc are delivered in a timely, accurate and compliant manner.
- Ensure all HR data is inserted and updated timely and accurately in HR management systems. Monitor independently ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
- Bring to the attention of management any exception with the required documentation for their consideration.
- Ensure any SOP (Special Operational Procedure) related to HR operations is reviewed and updated on annual basis in line with the applicable WFP rules and regulations.
- Other duties as required.
Education: Completion of first-level university degree
Experience: Relevant experience in managing HR Operations and HR administration tasks. Ideally, minimum three years’ experience managing teams with outstanding leadership and coaching skills.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Good understanding of key HR operational principles and best practices
• Great listener, strong client-orientation and proactive problem-solver
• Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to operate in an international, multicultural environment. Ability to create trust with employees/managers and deal with confidential information with integrity.
• Very analytical, with strong quantitative skills and an ability to collect actionable insights from people / HR data.
• Naturally organized and able to effectively manage multiple work streams in parallel.
• Proactive, positive, and collaborative. A team player with a hands-on mentality and a ‘no task is too small or big’ attitude.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver timely high-quality deliverables
• Proficient user of HR ERP systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle, etc.)
• Proficient user of MS Office, including SharePoint, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience in leading changes with a strong drive and motivation to improve our HR services on an ongoing basis.
• Flexible attitude towards shifting tasks and responsibilities.
Language: Excellent spoken and written English.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Contract Duration: 1 year (Renewable)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
24 May 2022