Our client is part of a global General Trading Company based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and Somalia trading in Water Treatment Plants and Accessories. They seek to hire a competent and highly skilled water bottling plant supervisor who will manage and lead teams in direct and indirect production processes required to produce and deliver a variety of finished, bottled water products to consumers and customers. The water bottling and distribution Facility is based in Somalia.
Title: Water Bottling Plant Supervisor – Somalia
Industry: Water Treatment and Sanitation
Salary: 70 – 100K
- Supervise day-to-day operations of the Production/Packaging departments.
- Lead, coach, enforce, empower and direct hourly manufacturing team members to perform and achieve in line with Company values and department goals.
- Guide team members so they understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures, GMPs, HACCP and facility regulatory standards.
- Interpret and enforce company policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Provide coaching and direction to ensure success in meeting the required outputs and schedules.
- Develop and implement appropriate cost-saving ideas for production operations. Generate and implement ideas for continual process improvement.
- Maintain production and inventory records. Provide weekly/monthly reports as required.
- Monitor and maintain all applicable production permits and ensure that the facility complies with all local, state, federal and company policies.
- Overall responsibility for total facility performance and metrics for this bottling and distribution facility
- Monitor production inputs and outputs to minimize product loss, material loss and ensure the plant operates efficiently, safely, and meets all quality standards.
- Creating and maintaining a cohesive team of leaders and providing coaching and development
- Building effective relationships with other plant leaders and corporate team member
- Shuts down the production line when necessary. Prepares start-up procedures: properly sets up equipment, checks production schedule, sets production codes, examines product for the daily run.
- Tracks key performance indicators and costs, anticipating and correcting trends which would compromise the achievement of financial targets.
- Learns the proper operation of all production line equipment; relieves employees, as needed, creating and updating Job Description and Procedure manuals
- Make daily decisions on staffing requirements, work procedures, or duty assignments, considering budgetary objectives
Skills and Requirements
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial)
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Liquid Bottling and/or Dry Packaging line experience i.e. Beverage
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and can motivate and inspire team members to optimally perform
- Excellent analytical skills, good trouble-shooter with the ability to multitask
- Understands budgets and forecasts to ensure production costs remain under budget, Process management experience in continuous improvement, root cause analysis,
- Food manufacturing equipment knowledge necessary, Food and Beverage industry preferred.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills and Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills — written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
- Understanding of basic microbiology and quality assurance including HACCP and GMP’s.
- Understands and enforces adherence to OSHA and Company safety guidelines, environmental health and sanitation.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject ( Water Bottling Plant Supervisor – Somalia ) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 16th April 2019 .
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.