DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Position: Web Graphic Design and WordPress Developer
We are a training and consultancy center offering technical consultancy and training services designed for individual and organizations in the agriculture, climate change and environment; disaster management; education; food and nutrition; health; humanitarian relief; logistics and telecommunication; recovery and reconstruction; safety and security; water and sanitation sectors.
We are looking to hire a skilled Web Graphics design and WordPress Developer to design and implement attractive and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates.
To ensure success as a Web Graphics design and WordPress Developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills.
- Meeting with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Designing and building the website front-end.
- Creating the website architecture.
- Designing and managing the website back-end including database and server integration.
- Generating WordPress themes and plugins.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Troubleshooting content issues.
- Conducting WordPress training with the client.
- Monitoring the performance of the live website.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- 5 years or more experience as a WordPress Developer.
- Familiarity with web marketing designing practices.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- a high level of experience with UI layouts, SASS, LESS, Bootstrap, and the CSS GRID system
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and Ajax
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Some exposure to Continuous Integration/Delivery pipeline for cloud, including Jenkins, SonarQube, Docker, etc.
- A good understanding of SEO principles
- Ability to project manage.
- Good communication skills.
How to ApplyIf you meet the above criteria, please follow the link below to register as a job seeker, create a profile/portfolio account and apply for the job on or before 15th January 2020 . https://thenetworkedpros.com/jobview/19