Logistics Assistant (Supply Chain Planning) Job, Latest Logistics Jobs Kenya 2022,
Supply Chain Management is at the core of WFP’s humanitarian response and therefore an area of strategic focus. WFP aims to better integrate and continuously improve its Supply Chain by identifying, designing and implementing initiatives on four levels: strategy, structure, processes & tools, and staff development. In line with this overarching goal, the consultant will:
• Be a proactive listener with the different business units at RB and CO levels to understand their challenges and propose relevant analytical support,
• Leverage network, knowledge, and experience to seek opportunities to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the operations,
• Gather relevant information and data to provide guiding insights to decision makers, cross functionally, at RB and CO levels,
• Support Country Offices in strategizing their operation with a data-driven approach,
• Support Country Offices in visualizing their concept of operation for a fluid understanding and dissemination to internal and external stakeholders (e.g. staff, donors, etc.),
Operational Tools Development and Roll Out:
• Support development, testing, and implementation of Supply Chain Planning tools in the region, including the Prepo Tracking tool (South Sudan), the PRISMA initiative (Sudan), and Optimus (RBN)
• Assist in providing SC Planning guidance and tools to the Country Offices in the region.
Analytics and Optimization:
• Apply innovative thinking, leverage analytics and optimization methods to address inefficiencies or operational issues,
• Work with country operations on developing a set of tracking and analytical tools to monitor the health of their operation, with alerts to foresee and flag issues,
• Provide inputs to weekly prepositioning coordination calls for South Sudan
• Build local capacity at CO and RB levels in data management, advanced analytics, operational visibility, and in the provision of supply chain related insights to decision makers, in particular through the use of DOTS.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
Supply Chain Planning support to complex operations to ensure an optimal allocation of resources within operational constraints.
• Identification of supply chain cost inefficiencies in RBN operations and proposition of models to achieve cost savings.
• Co-development of the tools to support supply chain decision making.
• Provision of informed coordination backed by supply chain analytics as required in operations with a regional scope. (objective: weekly/bi-weekly analytical review and supporting coordination call with regional stakeholders. eg. South Sudan).
• Support COs in the design of their concept of operation as required.
- University degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Specialization in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management
- At least half a year of working experience in the area of humanitarian logistics
- One to two of working experience in the area of analytics development
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced use of Excel, DOTS, and Tableau
- Highly numerate with an innate ability to analyse and interpret data quickly, and recommend improvements
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Flexibility and ability to work with deadlines under sometimes stressful conditions
- Ability to work both individually and in a team as appropriate
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Verbal and written fluency in English
How to Apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
25th May 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted