World Vision Kenya is a leading Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Our programmes are spread across in most parts of Kenya.
OVC DREAMS – Tumikia Mtoto Project
We are seeking highly competent and outstanding individuals to fill the following position:
Job Title: Compliance and Risk Management Officer – Tumikia Mtoto Project
Reporting to: Grants Compliance Manager
Work Location: Nairobi / Kiambu
Purpose of position: Ensure that all Tumikia mtoto project risks are identified, analysed and sufficient risk mitigation measures are in place and that all project activities by staff and all implementing partners are in compliance with the donor regulations and World Vision policies and guidelines.
Grant management Compliance 20%
- Support program and support teams to be fully informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and WVK procedures to support on-track, on time and on budget implementation
- Coordinate regular grant monitoring through facilitation and support of regular and timely grant review meetings
- Maintain a broad and deep understanding of relevant donor policies, regulations and procedures
- In liaison with the supervisor and the relevant project staff, conduct periodic risk assessments and prepare the respective risk profiles that facilitate monitoring of the risk component in the project
- Proactively identify compliance risks and advise on necessary actions including setting up grant risk register
- Provide ongoing user support to ensure the project is operating in compliance with applicable industry best practices and global regulatory guidelines
- Support programme and grants staff in grant revisions, modifications, no-cost extensions, or budget realignments
Risk Identification, Analysis and management 35%
- Undertake a project risk audit to ensure that all project risks have been identified and sufficient risk mitigation measures put in place to address them.
- Establish and maintain project risk register with accurate and updated information and recording the same on Riskonnect
- Provide expert support to ensure risk prevention measures are fit for purpose.
- Provide training to staff on key control and compliance risk prevention measures
- Provide support on internal control/ mitigation design for staff and implementing partners
- Participate in the development, dissemination and monitoring implementation of systems, standards, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of risk related information
- Review audit queries and recommendations and ensure sufficient internal controls/risk mitigation measures are put in place.
LIP/Sub grantee Management 30%
- In liaison with the Grants and Compliance Manager, support in conducting due diligence for new sub-awardees to ascertain strength and gaps of partner’s systems and inform capacity building initiatives
- Ensure partners assessment process is well documented
- Support in drafting partner agreements and discuss with the program team and partners.
- Review partner agreements to ensure- donor compliance and budget accuracy.
- Participate in the partner progress review meetings to understand partner spend/ forecasting issues
- Visit /conduct reviews for all partners to assess program progress
- Support discussions with partners on any amendments to implementation plans
- Drawing from the partner due diligence ensure there are partner technical capacity assessment in place and implemented accordingly
- Participate and/or facilitate capacity building for all staff, grantees and partners aimed at strengthening risk management and compliance in the project
- Maintenance of risk management policies and documentation, and other activities focusing on the advancement of risk accountability and culture
- Support the convening periodically of the Risk meetings to discuss the project’s risk profile with relevant project staff
- Train staff/partners on FRAUD prevention training
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or designee from time to time
- Attend and lead daily devotions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A University degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business Administration (Finance or Accounting option) from a recognised university.
- Professional qualifications in risk management or finance
- Must be a member of a finance or risk related professional body
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience at least 3 years spent working in NGO risk and compliance management.
- Knowledge on grant requirements of major donors such as USAID, EC/ECHO, DFID and the UN agencies
- Experience in fraud awareness and case investigation management
- Broad spectrum programme experience, with strong analytical skills
- Strong relationship builder with a proven track record in forming good business partnerships and utilising collaborative approaches
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, the ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently is essential
- An unquestionably high level of integrity and ethics
- Experience of working effectively, independently and with minimal supervision
For more information on the job and application procedure, please visit: https://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-africa and submit your online application including a detailed CV, current and expected salary, with names pf three referees, current Police Clearance Certificate or proof of application for the same will be required during interviews.
Application deadline is April 11, 2021 at midnight.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
World Vision does not use employment agencies nor does it charge money for recruitment, interviews, or medical checks.
More information about vacancies can be found on our official careers page https://careers.wvi.org/.
You will be required to produce a current (within 3 months) Original Police Clearance Certificate or waiting receipt during interview in case you are shortlisted