- Company: Deloitte
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Deloitte Consulting is a leading provider of innovative development solutions to U.S. and international donors, foundations, governments, and Fortune 500 companies. With member firm presence in more than 150 countries, we bring the power of a global firm and leverage our immense technical expertise and firm capabilities to bring integrated approaches to US Agency for International Development.
Main Purpose of Job
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic person to join our Audit team as an Audit Manager. The holder of this position will ensure that all audit assignments are carried out to the highest standards in order to provide outstanding value to clients and the Firm; develop high-performing people and teams, leading and supporting them to make an impact that matters; and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
- Support the Partner on delivery of designated engagements and managing the implementation of the agreed deliverables.
- Manage work in progress on engagements and ensures billings are timeously done and collections followed up.
- Leverage a deep understanding of audit and risk advisory services and stakeholder needs to deliver high quality engagements.
- Manage engagement budgets through accurate budgeting, cost control and profitability management.
- Perform risk assessment procedures to provide a basis for the identification and assessments of risk of material misstatement.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals/tenders and presentations on request.
- Generate innovative solutions on projects / engagements in collaboration with team members to enhance / renew service offerings to clients.
- A bachelors degree from a recognized university.
- A recognized accounting qualification (CPA/ACCA).
- Thorough knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and International Auditing Standards.
- At least 5 years’ experience post-qualification with an internationally recognised Auditing Firm.
- Masters degree will be an added advantage.
Key Performance areas
- Delivery excellence.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Business Technology Acumen.
- Become experts in risk assessments and audit responses.
- Integrate engagement teams and manage referred work.
- Make appropriate use of tools, guidance and methodology.
- Manage project plans to optimize engagements.
- Formulate reasonable judgments and conclusions in order to deliver informative and timely outputs.
- Apply Ethical and Professional Standards.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Excellent strategic planning skills.
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good research capacity, data analysis and information management skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make.
Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people.
Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
Strategic direction – Translates broader strategy into a compelling team vision and goals; aligns the team and sets priorities to achieve objectives
Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.