Business Analyst Job, Latest Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
Position Reporting to: Head of Financial Planning, Analysis & Reporting,
Manages Others: Yes,
Reporting to the Head of Financial Planning, Analysis & Reporting, the Business Analyst will be responsible for the preparation and dissemination of management accounts, and weekly-monthly reports of the group to the board of directors.
- Financial Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting
- Preparing annual budgets, reviewing performance against budget and querying any material variance.
- Examine budget estimates or proposals for completeness, accuracy and conformance with established procedures, regulations, and organizational objectives
- Periodically monitor the budget by reviewing reports and accounting records to determine if allocated funds have been spent as specified
- Examine past and current budgets and research economical and financial developments that affect the organization’s spending
- Coordinate the budgeting process within the various functions
- Responsible for communicating with management about budget issues concerning their functions
- Ensure active budgeting process and application throughout the organization
- Business Analysis & Modelling
- Develop a costing model for the group
- Undertake business modeling projects as requested
- Plan and organize own and team work projects to meet defined objectives and deliverables set by the Directors
- Evaluating ad-hoc projects
- Controls and Financial Reporting
- Manage end month closure and reporting of KPI’s
- Prepare monthly Management pack
- Respond to audit queries from both internal and external auditors
- Prepare balance sheet schedules
Key Performance Indicators
- Completion of budget process and seeking of approval before the year end
- Monthly closure by WD2
- Completion of Management pack by WD5
- Balance Sheet Review and filling by WD10
- Clean and reconciled balance sheet
Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum Bachelors degree in accounting or finance. CFA or CPA qualification preferred
- Proficiency in computer literacy and skills including use of Excel & Word
- At least five (5) years post-graduation working experience in long-range financial plans & return on investment calculations;
- Experience in preparing PowerPoint presentations is essential;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for problem solving, including data analysis and validation
- Excellent time management/organizational skills
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, attention to detail, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
Method of Application
Applicants to send their CVs to [email protected] quoting the job tittle ”Business Analyst” on the subject line.
Application deadline 1st August 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.