- Company: Old Mutual Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Accounting Jobs in KenyaFinance Jobs in Kenya
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management and investment. We offer solutions to individuals and corporates underpinned by our core values which are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Pushing beyond boundaries.
This role is accountable for formulating, revising and implementing investment strategies through the investment team and/or in a defined area. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through efforts.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and implementing effective investment processes and strategies
- Conducting thorough research on investment market behavior
- Providing clients with investment recommendations
- Ensuring that the investment processes comply with the industry standards
- Keeping up-to-date with any changes or developments in the investment sector
- Significant responsibility in assisting the business achieve its objectives
- Responsible for instilling robust thought process around the investment philosophy, strategy and portfolio management processes. –
- Responsible for instilling the disciplines around governance, compliance and general control environment within the business.
- Responsible for the client relationship in the business.
- Responsible for the development of new solutions as approved by the GMD Asset Management or the Board of Directors
- Responsible for ensuring that efficient business processes and practices are in place.
- Responsible for people management aspects of the Asset Management business.
- Conducting and supervising due diligence processes for alternative investment ideas
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Ability to deliver results when objectives are set
- Excellent relationship management skills
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Task and time management proficiency
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent team working skills
- Good communication and listening skills
- Resilience to cope with pressure of working in a fast paced, dynamic and rapidly changing customer expectations environment
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics or Statistics is preferred but not required.
- CFA Charter Holder
- 8 years’ experience in the investment industry
- Technical Knowledge – investment analysis and portfolio management