Our client is an established law firm with over 20 years of operation in Kenya. They seek to hire a smart and experienced person in the capacity of Conveyancing Advocate.
Purpose of the Position
Responsible for handling a variety of complex assigned legal matters within the conveyancing department. Applies subject matter knowledge; requires capacity to understand specific needs or requirements to apply skills/knowledge. May provide functional advice or training to less experienced advocates.
- Provide legal opinion on matters relating to property & real estate.
- Offer advice to clients on the legal processes involved in purchasing & selling of property.
- Work to protect the interest of clients & ensure they are protected against fraud money laundering activities.
- Conduct research to identify legal ownership of properties by assessing government land registry documents or title deeds if the land is not registered to anyone.
- Prepare property lease agreements & ensure contracts are signed on the scheduled date of transfer.
- Oversee the fast-tracking & diligent handling of all client matters before the Lands Registry, Local Authorities, Survey of Kenya & National Lands Commission.
- Drafting legal documents.
- Liaising with clients and key stakeholders such as the mortgage lenders, estate agents, land valuers and surveyors.
- Researching information and communicating with clients.
- Sending terms of engagement and estimates of fees and disbursements.
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, with a current practicing Certificate.
- Have at least 4years post Admission working experience in a busy Law firm.
- The Conveyancing Advocate should be ready to work and be stationed in Nairobi.
- Be Computer literate.
- Be proactive, self-motivated and aggressive.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to work as a team.
- Be a person of unquestionable integrity with high sense of professionalism.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills and have ability to handle pressure.
- Have the ability to work with minimum or no supervision.
How to Apply:
Suitably qualified candidates should send their applications to email@example.com clearly quoting “CONVEYANCING ADVOCATE” in the email subject line. Applications must be received on or before 20 th February 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.