- Company: Teachers Service Commission (TSC)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Data Science / Research Jobs in KenyaTeachers Service Commission (TSC) Jobs in Kenya
Vision To be a transformative teaching service for quality education Mission To professionalize the teaching service for quality education and development Core Values Professionalism: All TSC employees shall observe requirements for professional conduct. The employees are expected to apply the skills, knowledge, competencies that meet the standards needed for the work assigned. Customer focus: The Commission places the customer first by upholding the philosophy of customer driven-service delivery. Employees are expected to demonstrate a high level of responsiveness to customer needs. Integrity’s employees conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates honesty, high moral and ethical standards, and commitment to work.
ADVERT NO. 3/2022
The Deputy Director, Planning and Research will be responsible for the development of research policies, strategies and plans; coordinating the design of research methodologies; development and management of research systems and instruments; undertaking research and promoting innovations. It will also be responsible for providing technical support in the development, monitoring and evaluation of the Commission’s Strategic Plan, formulation of relevant policies and administration of Performance Contracting.
Requirements for appointment
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Served in the grade of Assistant Director, Planning Policy Research and Innovation for a minimum period of three (3) years or in an equivalent position for a minimum continuous period of twelve (12) years
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Economics, Statistics, Economics and Mathematics, Economics and Statistics or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Public Policy, Project Planning and Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Possess certification in Quantitative and Qualitative research methods;
- Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Met the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution;
- Certificate in computer application skills; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
- Ability to influence direction and strategic thinking;
- Ability to make quality decisions, building partnerships, leading and empowering others, managing performance, managing resources.
- Possess a minimum of seven (7) years continuous experience in Research in a reputable organization;
- Demonstrate working experience in progressive data management and research responsibilities in a Research unit;
- Demonstrate familiarity with a variety of research field’s concepts, practices, and procedures as reflected in work results;
- Have working industry knowledge of relevant emerging research trends and practices;
- Demonstrate good experience in research dissemination processes including presentations;
Duties and Responsibilities
The Deputy Director Policy Planning and Research will be answerable to the Commission Secretary for the management of Policy Planning and Research Function.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: –
- Proposing to the Commission secretary the key priority areas for research in liaison with various service areas;
- Assessing the scope of research projects and ensuring they are on time and within budget.
- Coordinating the formulation of research and development proposals;
- Developing resource mobilisation proposals for sourcing of grants to support research;
- Providing technical support to service areas in developing research proposals;
- Disseminating both national and international research findings to the relevant stakeholders;
- Development of publications on different topical areas relevant to the organizational contributions to the body of knowledge;
- Publishing the research findings that have been carried out after dissemination to the relevant stakeholders in journal so as increase awareness and information on the researched issue.
- Reviewing and sharing TSC research and academic journals in various areas for knowledge management of the institution and enhancing development quality programmes
- Establishing effective mechanisms for generation of research intelligence to inform policy and domestication processes.
- Overseeing the provision of technical services by developing long-range plans, analysing current policy status and identifying gaps;
- Directing budget preparation and expenditures of the Division and recommending future funding requirements;
- Supervising and appraising staff in the Division.