Renewable Energy Officer Job, Latest Kenyan Engineering Job 2022,
RENEWABLE ENERGY OFFICER (1 POSITION) EPRA JOB GRADE 6
(PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and implementing codes of practice, standards and regulatory instruments for the renewable energy sub sector;
- Carrying out research on renewable energy resources, technology and its application in the renewable energy sub sector;
- Carrying out of renewable energy technical audits;
- Providing input in the development of renewable energy master plans/strategies and research work;
- Monitor compliance with renewable energy regulatory instruments in the development of renewable energy plans, standards and strategies;
- Developing and submitting timely and accurate renewable energy sub sector reports;
- Collecting, analyzing, reporting and maintaining of renewable energy data;
- Preparing position papers and briefs on regulation compliance, inspection and implementation of renewable energy projects for the Director Electricity and Renewable Energy and EPRA management;
- Preparing and presentation of papers for conferences, seminars and workshops;
- Advising the general public on matters relating to renewable energy;
- Participating in designated Committees;
- Preparation of Section’s Budgets; and
- The development of Section’s Procurement Plans.
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering in any of the following fields: Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Graduate Membership of the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) in good standing or Kenya’s Engineering Technologists and Technicians Registration Board (ETTRB) in good standing;
- Proficiency in Computer applications skills; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email [email protected] not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31 st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned :
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.