Executive Secretary Job, Current Administration Jobs In Kenya,
The Executive Secretary will be expected to provide a high level confidential and professional administrative support to the Deputy Vice Chancellors’ Office. The role will act as a central point of contact and provide all necessary support and assistance for the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s and the efficient running of the Offices.
- To maintain daily schedules and coordination of the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s Office commitments.
- To arrange and coordinate appointments and meetings for the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s
Provide high level secretarial support to the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s including responsibility for:
- Diary management
- Day to day communications (telephone, email, received correspondence) with internal and external stakeholders.
- Draft correspondence
- Proofing Deputy Vice-Chancellor’s reports and documents
- Undertake general research and documentation of material at the request of the DVC’s and prepare written reports and data tables as required
- Support the University in preparation of reports for the University Trustees and committees of the University council as required by the Supervisors
- Ensure follow up with the relevant Officers on implementation of action points from the governance organs and University Management meetings
- To act as secretary to the Executive and DVC committee meetings (internal and external) working with the Chair to proactively provide timely agenda and minutes and appropriate follow up.
- Establish and monitor follow up / actions required from the Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s to respond to various university boards, as well as their sub committees to ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist in the implementation of the university strategic plan
- To make all logistical arrangements including travel, for the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s
- To manage accurately and efficiently to all enquiries from the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s and those who report to them.
- To deal with sometimes distressing situations on behalf of the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s and Student Experience, as first point of contact.
- To appropriately execute any other duties as directed by the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s, or other senior university
- An earned Master’s Degree in Business Administration or any other related field
- A minimum working experience of 3 years working with top management staff
- Must be highly proficient with multiple Microsoft office systems and other related Software
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communicator, a good listener and dedicated to detail.
- A wide exposure, broad knowledge and up to date with current University affairs.
- Able to work perfectly under strict deadlines and pressure.
- Able to take up emergency assignments and perform them effectively.
- Upholds sound work ethics and is highly disciplined.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Possessing tenacious attitude, friendly, honest, trustworthy, respectful and flexible.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, independently or as part of a team.
How To Apply
Applicants should enclose a letter of introduction, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certification certificate of good conduct and three (3) reference letters from recognized persons/institutions by 13th November 2020 , indicating your daytime contacts to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Tangaza University College
P.O. Box 15055-00509
E-mail to [email protected]
Tangaza University College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. . It's FREE