- Company: RTI International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Accounting Jobs in KenyaConsulting Jobs in KenyaFinance Jobs in Kenya
RTI International is a nonprofit organization headquartered in the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina that provides research and technical services.
Scope Of Work
The Grant Consultant will be responsible for coordinating the closeout of 195 Kenya Crops and Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS) Activity partner grantees in across 12 counties.
- Review KCDMS’ grants close out tracker, identify required actions, and actively manage its implementation and execution.
- On a daily basis, liaise with Relationship Managers (RMs) and Grants Coordinators (GCs) on the status of each grantee in the tracker and input all updates upon receipt.
- Coordinate the team’s internal bi-weekly closeout meetings and interrogate the status of each grantee to ensure there is progress and set deadlines on action required. Escalate uncompleted actions to the Grants Manager for their awareness.
- Follow up with RMs on pending documentation to ensure timely submission to facilitate the closeout process. Closeout documents generally include:
- Approved final technical report
- Fully signed asset register (where applicable)
- Cost share forgiveness form (where applicable)
- Closeout checklist duly completed
- Final grant modification to capture final financial status (where applicable)
- In collaboration with Grants Coordinators, support upload of completed closeout packages to RTI’s Grants Management System (GMS).
- As time allows, complete grantee file checklists to ensure full grants package is organized.
- Any other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- The holder of this position will be accountable to the Grants Manager.
- He/ she will be expected to have oversight responsibility of the closeout process partner grantees ensuring that RTI/KCDMS standard closeout processes are adhered to and completed in a timely manner.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, public policy, or another similar field.
- Statistical and analytical knowledge is an added advantage.
- Prior experience in project management, financial management and/or grants management; Experience with in grants management preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills