DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: SRC
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Communication Jobs in Kenya
This position reports to the Commission Secretary and is responsible for the planning and implementation of corporate communications strategy that seeks to facilitate the achievement of mandate and vision of SRC.
- Provide leadership in the development and execution of the Commissions strategy on the Communication function
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and manuals to ensure improved efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- Develop effective work plans, undertake continuous performance monitoring and reporting.
- Develop, motivate and manage the performance of the team and ensure continuous alignment to the goals and values of the Commission.
- Prepare budgets for programs monitor absorption and ensure prudent financial management in the achievement of the function.
- Ensure efficiency of systems, processes, Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) to achieve the operational excellence that drives the Commission’s objectives.
- Identify, evaluate, mitigate and monitor operational and strategic risks of the function.
- Ensure compliance on all statutory requirements, Government Circulars, Commission’s policies.
- Establish clear protocols and guidelines to ensure effective internal, external and crisis communications.
- Cultivate, manage and sustain meaningful relationships and collaborations with media and other key stakeholders internally and externally to ensure that the Commission is projected appropriately.
- Oversee the conduct of periodic surveys to establish stakeholder satisfaction and the Commission’s standing among its target audiences.
- Ensure relevant media training is availed to the Commissioners and senior leadership and prepare Commissioners for media interactions.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production of all the Commission’s publications and audio visual productions documentary and radio productions.
- Responsible for conceptualization, content development and design print and Radio/TV advertisements that seek to educate stakeholders on the Commission’s mandate and policies.
- Design, advise and manage crisis communications plans on an as needed basis.
- Research, develop and edit content for print media and electronic to ensure the Commission communicates accurately and timely on emerging issues arising from the Commission’s mandate, policies and decisions.
- Develop and oversee execution of advocacy programs for the Commission to create awareness, understanding of the constitutional principles guiding the Commission.
- Responsible for media monitoring and content analysis to ensure the image of the Commission is maintained.
- Manage press conference and media briefing by ensuring all the required media houses are invited, the correct information is shared and order is maintained.
- Ensuring that Commission website is regularly updated to reflect the accurate and status of the Commission activities.
- Review the commission’s key messages for accuracy and consistency in messaging
- Formulate and manage the Commission’s brand policy so as to ensure a strong brand is maintained
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism from a recognized university or Any Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with Post graduate in Mass Communication or Journalism.
- Masters in a related field.
- Leadership certificate from a recognized institution.
- Ten (10) years of service, four (4) of which should be in a comparable position from a reputable organization.
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Demonstrate ability to manage and lead high performing teams.
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Capacity to demonstrate strategic mind-set and innovation.
- Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service excellence.
- Demonstrate knowledge in relevant legislation and applicable standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict timelines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Knowledge of media specific computer software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:
Kenya Revenue Authority
Directorate of Criminal Investigation
Higher Education Loans Board
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
Credit Reference Bureau
Applications in sealed envelopes clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of…” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6 th Floor
4 th Ngong Avenue
P.O Box 43126 – 00100
And be received on or before 22 nd October 2019.