HR Jobs In Kenya.
Company: Serengeti Energy,
Industry: Electric Power Generation,
Position: Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP),
Reports to: Human Resource Manager,
Department: Human Resource (HR),
Direct Reports: None,
Workstation: Nairobi ,
Serengeti Energy has an ambitious mandate to create positive impact from its activities in markets across Sub-Saharan Africa. The company invests in and co-develops small and medium-sized renewable energy projects of up to 50 MW in Sub-Saharan Africa at various stages of the project life cycle (development, construction, and operations). Serengeti Energy is committed to long-term investments, deploying patient capital in the form of equity and quasi-equity financing.
They seek to hire a HRBP whose overall purpose will be to liaise with the HRM to develop, implement and drive organization wide results that increase overall effectiveness and efficiency through its people.
Working with the HRM, take hands-on management and delivery of such key tasks e.g., increasing workforce capability, improving organizational design and structure, staffing, talent management, succession planning and supporting day-to- day operations as well as on-going process improvement, that is in line with the strategic direction outlined in Serengeti Sub- Sahara Energy Limited’s Business plan.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Liaise with HRM to coordinate the development and implementation of relevant HR policies, ensure compliance to Labor Laws, and support their roll-out, dissemination and implementation to align with the growing organizational needs and requirements.
- Maintain compliance with local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance across the business.
Client Advisory & Support
- Work with the management team to identify opportunities for productivity improvements, via review of organizational structures, streamlining of business processes, and continuous improvement.
- Provide technical HR advice in response to staff policy inquiries, requests, basic employee relations issues and exit management.
- Provide training on tools and resources to support and strengthen in country HR operations.
- Provide support and guidance to management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances.
- Maintain knowledge and create awareness of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law across the business. Assist as intermediary, when needed, with local labor counsel.
Workforce Planning & Strategy
- Liaise with HRM to contribute to the development and review of Business Plans/Strategies for the BUs. Support and guide the BUs in the proactive implementation of corporate HR policies and procedures.
- Monitor and review workforce data to spot staffing risks and issues as well as opportunities for future improvement. Support business strategies and develop action plans.
- Coordinate Human resources planning, including identifying capacity and skills requirements for the core strategic demands and develop human resources plans accordingly.
- Liaise with the HRM to ensure proper execution of the Company’s performance management system within the ERP; cultivate development of a performance driven culture to improve quality of performance to meet the Company’s objectives.
- Partner with HRM to assess the need for talent in relation to the current and future business, including the need for specific competencies, knowledge and skills and experience to enable the business to achieve its strategic objectives.
- Assist in developing, promoting, and implementation of the full range of workforce, succession planning and talent management strategies that will support the delivery of business requirements.
- Liaise with HRM to develop and implement talent management and development plans; enhance staff learning for capacity and skills building, for strategic delivery of company goals.
- Assist the HRM in creating the learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees as well as improve productivity of staff.
- Liaise with HRM to manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, and professional roles; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Maintain and monitor the integrity of the Human Resources Information Management Systems for accurate employee data.
- Maintain the staff files both physically and in the ERP system
- Managing staff leave and updating the records within the ERP system.
- Liaise with HRM in development of monthly, and quarterly reports as well as HR budgets.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
- Internal Relationships: All teams, the Board of Directors
- External Relationships: Suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management augmented with a Higher Diploma or a Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP-K) from a recognized institution.
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience in the HR Profession; and
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM).
- Demonstrated experience working with HR leadership to implement process improvements, policies and HR programs is required.
- 2+ years international/multi-country HR experience navigating employment laws, regulations, and HR best practices added advantage.
- Innovation – Develops new, better, or significantly different ideas, methods, solutions, or initiatives that result in improvement of Serengeti’s performance and meeting objectives, results, and commitments.
- Accountability – Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high-quality results for Serengeti’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- HR Service Excellence – Knowledge of and ability to put into action concepts, processes, and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Strategic Thinking – Applies organizational knowledge to identify and maintain focus on key success factors for Serengeti Energy while recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational challenges. Ability to develop organization- and industry-specific expertise and apply sound decision-making processes to reach productive resolutions that translates strategy into actionable business plans.
- Business Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and application of business concepts, tools, and processes that are required for making sound decisions in the context of Serengeti Energy business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations; including supporting, organization progress.
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written) – Understands effective communication concepts, tools, and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate professional communication behaviors
Working Environment: Minimum disagreeable conditions in the environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to [email protected] stating the subject heading “ HRBP ” on or before 5:00 P.M , Monday 25 th July 2022.N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. .
NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . .