The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) is responsible for providing regulatory oversight on air safety, air navigation services and aviation training in Kenya.
The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions in its establishment.
JOB TITLE: PROCUREMENT OFFICER I
KCAA SCALE 8
REF: PO/05 /21
Department / Section: Procurement
Reports To: Senior Procurement Officer
To perform duties of procurement of goods, works and services, Participate in contract implementation, Carryout Inventory management, inspection & acceptance and
Coordinate disposal of assets.
Scope of work / duties / responsibilities
- Supervising the distribution of tender/request for quotation documents to interested or invited bidders.
- Coordinating proper documentation of procurement records.
- Overseeing timely inspection and acceptance of goods and works.
- Participating in the implementation of department service charter.
- Raising quotations for supply of goods, works and/or services, order processing and expediting to ensure timely deliveries.
- Participating in the receiving, opening and evaluation of tenders, request for quotations and proposals.
- Providing secretariat services to various adhoc procurement committees i.e. tender/RFQ /proposal openings and evaluations, inspection and acceptance.
- Conducting market research and surveys to determine competitive prices and market trends.
- Ensuring timely payment for goods, works and services delivered by prompt presentation of invoices for processing.
- Participating in contract negotiations with an aim of getting value for money.
- Participating in continuous registration of suppliers in line with the procurement laws.
- Ensuring release of bid bonds to the bidders on conclusion of tender process.
- Conducting due diligence on suppliers to make informed decisions on recommendations for contract awards.
- Recording and dispatching debriefing letters to all bidders on outcome of respective tenders/quotations.
- Filing all tender documents for respective tenders which includes and not limited to Purchase Requisition, specifications, approval memo, tender document, evaluation reports, contract of award approvals, copy of contract/LPO/LSO, progress report of contract implementation, inspection and acceptance certificate and completion report.
- Participating in the implementation of internal/external audit and correction plans thereof.
- Participating in the implementation of effective quality, institutional risk management systems and any other systems adopted by the Authority within the department.
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned by the Senior Procurement Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Procurement Management, Supply Chain Management, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Social Sciences plus a Diploma in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Diploma in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Membership to the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM), CIPS or equivalent professional body in good standing.
- 4 years procurement experience in a comparable organization.
- Experience in Public Sector will be an added advantage
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of public procurement regulations and procedures.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven integrity, transparency, and accountability
- Proficiency in computers operations
Interested candidates are required to submit their application letters quoting the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, attaching copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV with full contact details of three professional referees to the address below.
The applications should be received not later than 16th July 2021.
Details of the job specifications can be obtained from the KCAA website at www.kcaa.or.ke
The Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates and persons with disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
Note: Persons with disabilities are required to attach a valid copy of NCPWD membership card.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
Aviation House – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.