Assistant Manager – Knowledge Management (Strategy & Programmes) Job, Other Professions,
This role is responsible for implementing the corporate knowledge management strategy and policy. The job is primarily responsible for drafting strategies for review and implementation including knowledge retention and transfer process, knowledge sharing culture, awareness programmes, reporting performance, among others corporate wide.
- Prepare initiatives and programmes to implement the corporate knowledge management strategy and policy
- Implement measures to promote knowledge management and knowledge sharing culture in the Authority
- Undertake the implementation of knowledge management awareness programme in the Authority
- Undertake the implementation of knowledge retention and transfer programme in the Authority
- Support the collection and publishing of knowledge resources in the Authority.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on knowledge management initiatives for review and submission.
- Research and identify innovative ideas/approaches that could improve knowledge management practices in the Authority
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions and induction programme in liaison with HR division and other stakeholders
- Undertake Day-to-day operations and supervision of staff in the subunit.
- Review awareness and sensitizations materials and plans used for conducting capacity building and sensitizations.
- Assist in implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Implement capacity building sessions for appointed subject matter experts
- Maintain subject matter experts database/register.
- Assist in initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Conducting review & approval of staff leave, performance contracts and appraisal
- Conduct regular meetings with team on knowledge management
- Manage work assignment and allocation for staff.
- Provide operational support and guidance to staff.
Undergraduate degree in Knowledge Management, Information Science, communication or Business Management.
Membership to professional bodies
Membership to a professional body in management or knowledge management.
Relevant work experience required
A minimum of four (4) years’ experience, of which one (1) year work experience should be at Supervisory level in the relevant field
- Good journalistic skills
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Develops high levels of credibility and accountability
- Proactive, self-motivated and passionate about the value of KM.
- Interpersonal skills and interview skills
- Good team work and collaboration skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task as well as work under pressure
- Good customer-service orientation
- A person of integrity
- Futuristic & goal oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
How to Apply