Manager – Appeals & Grievance Handling Job, Latest HR Jobs,
Department: Corporate Support Service,
Division: Human Resource,
Section / Unit: Employee Relations,
Location / Work station: Times Towers, Haile Selassie Avenue, Nairobi or Other Regional Office,
- The job holder is responsible for the management of Appeals and Grievance Handling in the Authority.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Enforce the Code of Conduct;
- Examine grievances/complaints and determine adherence to grievance handling procedure;
- Build sustainable and mutually beneficially relationships for all stakeholders with the aim of furthering the goals and vision of Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Advise the management on issues/matters appeal;
- Notify concerned parties of outcome and initiate any necessary action arising from the grievance/complaint
- Liaise with Departments on grievance matters;
- Examine grievances/complaints and advice on the way forward;
- Ensure adherence to grievance handling procedure;
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of activities in the section;
- Ensure compliance with legislative and statutory obligations;
- Oversees research, investigation, negotiation and resolution of all types of appeals and grievances
- Plans, organizes, and directs the work activity of the appeal and grievance in line with organizational policies and procedures
- Ensure implementation of regulations, policies and measures; tracking appeals; identifying appropriate modifications to processes and developing required reports.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Receive analyze and forward appeal requests to appeal committee
- Ensure the appeals and grievance committee are properly constituted
- Analyze and review of issues raised in appeals in a timely manner
- Prepare position papers on cases under review /appeal
- Provide secretariat services to appeal panels and maintain records of appeals
- Prepare communication to officers regarding the outcome of their appeals and reviews
- Notify concerned parties of outcome and initiate any necessary action arising from the grievance/complaint;
- Review appeal case analysis reports and submit to relevant authorities;
- Development of budgets
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Provide oversight for all departmental physical assets.
- Make strategic, operational and financial decisions
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
- Works predominantly in a comfortable environment
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
- Bachelor’s degree Human Resource Management/Relevant field
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management/ Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP)
- Membership to a Professional Body (IHRM)
Previous relevant work experience required
- At least five (5) years’ overall work experience, two (2) years’ of which should have been in a managerial role.
- IT Proficiency
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Public Relations
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 4th March 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.