Lecturer Job, Teaching Jobs In Kenya 2020,
The successful candidate will be expected to teach the following areas:
- Kiswahili Teaching Methods Unit
- Kiswahili communication
- Early and modern Development of Kiswahili
- Kiswahili Language and Linguistics
- Introduction to Kiswahili Literature
- Introduction to Kiswahili oral Literature
- Phonetics and Kiswahili Phonology
- Kiswahili Literary, theory and analysis
- Kiswahili stylistics
- Kiswahili Syntax
- Kiswahili Morphology
- A PhD in Kiswahili or its equivalent degree qualification from a recognized/accredited university. Bachelor of Education will be an added advantage OR
- A Master’s degree in Kiswahili from a recognized/accredited university with at least three (3) years teaching experience at university level or in research or worked in a relevant Industry
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum as the academic advisor.
- Review curriculum and course outline review and develop course and lesson plans. Prepare course materials and teaching aids.
- Employ online teaching and mode of delivery and various teaching methods (such as field studies, group activities, assignments, laboratory sessions, off class activities etc.) to help student learning and deliver course content.
- Develop an assessment plan. Set, pre-moderate, administer, mark and post moderate exams, assignments, presentations and other assessments. Ensure grades are entered into the system
- Supervise undergraduate or graduate teaching, internship and research work.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- Advice and mentor students on academic, career, and any other related issues when required.
Personal attributes and competencies
- Demonstrated alignment to the mission and vision of Africa Nazarene University
- Student centered approach to teaching and learning
- Displays high commitment to work
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizing and planning skills
- Excellent research writing skills
How To Apply
Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply in confidence through the email [email protected] not later than 10th September 2020 enclosing a Professional Portfolio, Curriculum Vitae with details of current post, salary and other financial benefits, academic and professional certificates and testimonials. Kindly indicate job title in the subject of the email. ANU is an equal opportunity employer and any canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Africa Nazarene University
P.O. Box 53067 – 00200