Legal Officer Job, Legal Jobs in Kenya 2020,
Duration: One-year contract that is renewable based on performance
To ensure that legal claims are processed and responded to within the set timelines to avoid company being exposed. Preparation of legal statistics and Review Company terms of contract before commitment.
Legal advice and Litigation Management
- Negotiate settlement of court awards with third party advocates.
- Offer all round sound legal advice with key focus on cost savings and customer satisfaction.
- Reduce overall legal costs by containing of matters in-house through out of court negotiations
- Minimize legal risks – Identify potential legal risks & take steps to protect the company from legal liabilities
- Manage panel Advocates and other service providers by holding them accountable to Service Level Agreements
- Eliminate proclamations and/or attachments against our insured
- Assisting in legal research and preparing legal opinions to both external and internal client
- Review and draft claims contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Renegotiate advocates fees in line with the Advocates remuneration order
- Analyze claims based on evidence adduced and contents of investigations report and recommend the ones suitable for out of court negotiations and settlements
Legal Matters Documentation
- To receive and process summons filed against insured by the company
- To receive and requisition for advocate’s fee notes
- Process judgments entered against the insured and document all proceedings
- Any other duty assigned from time to time
Nature & Scope
Internal Contacts: Finance Department, Underwriting Department, Branch Offices
External Contacts: Service provider’s Third-party advocates auctioneers, claimants and insured.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Law LLB
- Diploma from Kenya School of Law /
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya
Skills and Attributes
- Strong negotiation Skills
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Good Supervisory Skills
- Excellent writing skills
- 3 years relevant working experience
How To Apply
Applications with a detailed CV, indicating your telephone contacts with names and addresses of three referees should be emailed to [email protected] not later than 6 th November 2020.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. . It's FREE