Director of Physical Planning, Latest Director Jobs Kenya,
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Planning or Town Planning from a recognized institution;
- Have a Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Urban Planning, Regional Planning or Town Planning from a recognized institution;
- Be a corporate member of the Kenya Institute of Planners or Architectural Association of Kenya (Town Planning Chapter);
- Be registered by the Physical Planners Registration Board;
- Have served in the grade of Senior Assistant Director of Physical Planning for a minimum period of three (3) years, OR have served as a physical planner in a reputable organization for a period not less than 6 years.
- Have attended Strategic Leadership Development Programme (SLDP) or a leadership management course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Have a certificate in computer applications;
- Have proven administrative ability and professional competence necessary for the effective performance of work at this level; and
- Demonstrated managerial and professional competence in work performance and exhibited a thorough understanding of national policies, goals, objectives, and ability to relate them to the Physical Planning function.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinating, planning, and developing control of County Government Towns, Urban Areas and Cities;
- Overseeing the formulation of physical planning manuals, standards and guidelines for the county government;
- Coordinating research on matters relating to strategic county projects and
- programmes, human settlement patterns, urbanization patterns, urban
- sprawl and emerging methodologies, issues and trends;
- Coordinating preparation of county, metropolitan, regional, urban and rural physical development plans;
- Formulating strategies for public education, participation and engagement;
- Overseeing the preparation of annual county physical planning reports;
- Monitoring and evaluation of physical planning projects/programmes at the county; and
- Preparing and implementing strategic plans and annual work plans; and
- facilitating the continuous professional development of staff.
Interested and qualified candidates are required to make applications by downloading and completing an Employment
Application Form from the County
Government of Nakuru website.
A duly filled employment application form is attached with copies of the National ID, KCSE, Degree transcripts, and certificate, Masters transcripts and Certificate, and Professional registration certificates should be sent through the POST OFFICE or COURIER SERVICES in a sealed envelope on or before the
20th May 2022 5.00p.m
(No hand delivered applications will be accepted).
Clearly indicate the vacancy number and position applied for, on top of the envelope and address to;
Nakuru County Public Service Board
Public Works Building- Prisons Road
P.O Box 2870-20100