Operations Accountant Job, Accounting Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi.
Our client in an International Consumer Goods company with operations in Nairobi and East Africa. They seek to hire an Operations Accountant with the ability to manage multiple business processes including Order to Cash, Financial Systems and Master Data Management, Inventory Management, Financial Reporting, Statutory Reporting, VAT and Government Compliance.
Job Title: Operations Accountant
Reporting to: Finance and Accounting Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
They will build and lead the Finance & Accounting function to support the establishment of the enterprise in Kenya and East Africa. Reporting to the Accounting Director in South Africa with a dotted line to the Africa Commercial Director, they will establish and maintain best practice financial controls and compliance in line with local GAAP and IFRS standards while adhering to the set policies & procedures; with an impact on the day to day operations.
- Executes day to day accounting activities in accordance with the organization’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all retail & trade spending, Advertising and Promotion, Research
- Hands-on operation function to ensure smooth business process, liaising with suppliers, financial institutions, government agencies, etc.
- Coordinate with Commercial Team to get documented approvals and backup for accruals
- Ensuring timely payment of local suppliers, international and intercompany payments
- Timely collection of receivables, credit control, and bad debt
- Adherence with local Kenya regulations in terms of cross border payments and receipts – ensuring all contracts are valid
- Analysis of cash and banking facilities
- Efficient and agile close process – work day 3 close
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation with a detailed review of aging receivables, payables and fixed assets with regular reporting – Monthly, Quarterly & Year End
- Extensive knowledge on budgeting, cash flow projections, sources of financing
- Coordinate with the External Audit Team
- Timely submissions of tax, statutory payments in line with local law and corporate governance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, Finance, Economics or equivalent qualification
- 5-8 years’ experience in technical finance and/or accounting roles, with a demonstrated track record optimizing company operations
- Registration with a professional body – ACCA, CPAK, ICPAK, CIFA
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence decisions at an executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with people at all levels and who represent a variety of diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability as reflected in work performance and results
- Highly self-motivated individual with the capacity to get things done, with a lean team.
- Integrity and superior communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage change for oneself and for others.
- Familiarity with US GAAP and IFRS reporting, ideally work experience with exposure to international business, FMCG, Manufacturing, etc
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Operations Accountant – FMCG) to email@example.com before 16 th April 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.