Policy Formulation Jobs, PSC Jobs
Basic Salary Scale: Kshs.98,500 – Kshs.166,780 pm (CSG 6)
- a minimum service period of twelve (12) years in the field of Environment or Natural Resources, three of which should be at CSG 8 and above or a comparable and relevant position in the public service;
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Environmental Science, Environmental Planning and Management, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Law, Environmental Governance, Environmental Policy or any other related field from a university recognized in Kenya;
- a Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme (SLDP) or a Management Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- demonstrated outstanding professional competence in policy formulation and implementation;
- excellent understanding of EMCA (2015) and related environmental laws and policies;
- vast knowledge and experience in National Sectorial policies related to environment;
- possesses excellent communication skills, leadership skills and interpersonal skills; and
- demonstrated professional competences in work performance and results.
NOTE: a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines:- Environmental Science, Environmental Planning and Management, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Law, Environmental Governance, Environmental Policy or any other related field from a recognized university in Kenya.
Duties and responsibilities at this level include:
- administration, direction, control and liaising between Ministry and its agencies on environmental and natural resources management matters and linkages to other government agencies;
- developing mechanisms for effective response to legal issues and parliamentary questions;
- liaising with implementing departments and parastatals to develop/review gazette or proposed guidelines, rules or subsidiary legislations for Gazettement;
- conduct and oversee review of new policies and legislation in terms of potential impacts on environment and advice on remedial or mitigation measures;
- support the implementation of policies related to the environment sector;
- formulate and design promotion and coordination; and
- manage and harmonize matters of natural resources development, research, environmental information, extension and technology transfer between ministry, implementing agencies and other stakeholders.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019