The Kenya Cultural Centre incorporating the Kenya National Theatre is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament Cap 218, under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage.
We wish to recruit for the following open post.
Principal Creative Production Officer
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Kenya Cultural Centre Nairobi
Terms of Service: 3-year Contract renewable subject to individual performance
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director / CEO, the job holder will;
- Plan, coordinate and implement creative programs for the Kenya Cultural Centre;
- Mobilise resources to support creative activities of the Centre;
- Steer the creative production process from beginning to completion and ensure the commercial viability of the products by turning story ideas into profitable creative productions;
- Ensure incubation of creative ideas;
- Lead all production efforts including hiring, supervising all staff and crew;
- Coordinate with other theatre personnel to ensure the efficiency of the production process;
- Liaise between the cast, crew, and director;
- Verify theatre purchases, organize meetings, and schedule rehearsal times;
- Make decisions regarding casting, costuming, lighting, and other aspects of theatre productions;
- Create an environment where the talents of the cast and crew can flourish;
- Put together a creative and talented cast and crew;
- Responsible for all aspects of creative productions process;
- Ensure compliance with regulations and codes of practice;
- Be accountable for the success of the finished creative production; and
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned to the employee and as are necessary to achieve the Centre’s objectives.
Requirements / Qualifications
The appropriate candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications;
- Bachelor’s Degree Creative Arts and any other related field from a recognized university.
- A minimum period of six of (6) years post qualification experience in a relevant field
- Must demonstrate outstanding professional competence and administrative ability as reflected in work performance and results
- Must demonstrate ability to write cultural proposals for research and funding
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body where applicable
- Fulfilling the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution
Remuneration: The successful candidate shall be offered competitive remuneration at KCC Job Group 5, a House allowance and Leave allowance as per government rates.
Interested candidates should visit our website www.kenyaculturalcentre.go.ke for the full details of the open posts and send their applications, addressed to the undersigned, to email address [email protected] or depositing of application letter at the Kenya Cultural Centre Offices (located along Harry Thuku Road, opposite Norfolk) not later than 14th April, 2021.
The application letter must be accompanied by an updated curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates and testimonials.
Kenya Cultural Centre ¡s an equal opportunity employcr
Ag. Chief Executive Officer / Executive Director
Kenya Cultural Centre Incorporating The Kenya National Theatre
P.O Box 43031-00100