- Company: Nairobi City County Public Service Board
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Education/Teaching Jobs in KenyaNairobi County Jobs in Kenya
Our mission is tp provide affordable, accessible and sustainable quality services, enhancing community participation and creating a secure climate for political,social and economic development through the commitment of a motivated and dedicated team.
- Bachelor’s degree in library studies/ library and information science or
- Bachelors in any of the following disciplines with library option: Education; Information Science; Information Studies; Science or Technology in Information Science from a recognized institution;
- Possess Leadership skills, Communication skills, Interpersonal skills, Organizational skills, Ability to work under pressure, Negotiation skills, Ability to build and lead cohesive teams, Problem solving skills.
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and integrity.
- Responsible for the efficient operation of Library Service;
- Preparation and conducting of user education and information literacy programmes;
- Tagging online information resources and digitization platforms;
- Coordinate storage, circulation, preservation, conservation, and weeding of information resources;
- Supervising, cataloguing, classification, indexing, abstracting of information resources and retrieving information, Planning library programmes and activities;
- Participating in preparation of budget proposals for the library;
- Conducting research and writing reports for the library;
- Developing disaster management plan, mitigation and recovery procedures; and
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Director Community Development and Library Services.